Like Tree13Likes

Brunei goes Sharia…soon? Enjoy your holiday in a muslim land!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:

They might need tourism in the future
    They have gold and diamond encrusted mosques. Might be worth a peek.
    Besides it is stated that Sharia law would not be for non Muslim tourists so it wont effect them unlike Saudi.

How very progressive.

Yes but you still don't get alcohol in Brunei, so not really a place I would go for holiday...
    I simply can't separate holiday and beers.

If Brunei is running out of oil then they are going in wrong direction so to speak. When Dubai/Bahrain ran out of oil they became comparatively liberal and open, bars, cinema, entertainment et al.
    Heck all those young sauds drive down to Bahrain every weekend for some RnR.

Weren't some brits (heterosexuals) incarcerated in UAE last year for kissing on the beach? Yeah, sure. Sharia law only for muslims, unless the vice police think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Weren't some brits (heterosexuals) incarcerated in UAE last year for kissing on the beach?
    I think you'll find they were actually having sex in public, which is liable to get you incarcerated pretty much anywhere in the world if you're human (though fine for any other species for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I think you'll find they were actually having sex in public, which is liable to get you incarcerated pretty much anywhere in the world if you're human (though fine for any other species for some reason).
    That did happen but people have been jailed for just kissing also.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8602449.stm

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/01/25/c...ed-for-a-year/
    Last edited by Trebor; 27-02-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    a bit like pissing and shitting on the street. Completely fine to let your dog do it but if a human does it it's a 'dirty mainlander'...