Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tparker

Bus from HK (Kowloon Elements) to Shenzhen airport

Closed Thread

Bus from HK (Kowloon Elements) to Shenzhen airport

There are some posts about this from a few years ago, but posting in case information has changed.

How long does it take to get to Shenzhen airport from Kowloon Elements bus stop? I have a flight at 20:20, and the earliest bus I could take from Elements would be at 16:15. Is that enough time to make my flight? It will be just before Easter holiday, so potentially a busier-than-normal period.

Are the departure times on this link accurate?
    http://www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes16.html

Thanks a lot.

Greg

Yes, enough time. I think they used to advertise the journey taking 75 minutes, but my experience was around 90-100 minutes (which includes going through immigration). I think you can also check in for your flight at the bus terminal at Kowloon elements, although if you have luggage you still need to go to the check in counter at the airport. You can probably leave a little later, but that might mean getting held up in traffic.

I can't see the correct price on that website, although you can often get the tickets a little cheaper through travel agents.

Here is the price list - http://www.chinalink.hk/201401price.html - looks like 120 one way (not sure rmb or HK$)

Last edited by drumbrake; 15-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks, all good then!

Hi, I suggest leaving on the earliest bus you can. My previous experience on a Friday afternoon was not good because I believed in the 75 minutes as advertised. If I remember correctly, from Elements to Shenzhen bay was around 45 minutes, then the very busy border crossing took around 45 minutes again; searching for the right queue on the other side (different to the instructions given) took another 15. By this stage the bus would have taken maybe another hour, I chose to find my own way with a taxi instead and barely made my flight.

I would still use the bus, but plan for at least 3 to 4 hours; rather wait on the other side than miss the flight.

Strongly suggest you go to that Elements desk and be certain the bus departs coz those websites are often highly inaccurate. Mostly they are years old and never updated. And any bus may not go to Terminal 3 so check that too. Mobilization in china can be a real hassle.

Took me 90 minutes in total last Monday - with the automatic gates for Chinese immigration.

Bus only goes to T3 - which is currently the only operating terminal at SZX so they shouldn't call it that - and although they *tried* to check in my bag at Elements, the lady there says my flight was not open yet (was four hours before flight, which is not outrageous given I has budgeted 90+ mins for the bus).

After border crossing - expect a different bus to HK one (I naively kept looking for the specific number plate). And as someone mentioned - yes, they are on the wrong side (i.e. left hand bays for arrival busses, not right hand bays for departures). I vaguely recall this the last time I tried too, over a year ago, and I'm astounded nobody can be bothered to correct the signage...

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

drumbrake likes this.

Just want to update this and ask if someone has recently gone to the Shenzhen Airport with a bus from Hong Kong? I am actually looking for a bus from Tung Chung, but the only one I found is from HKIA and that's just a bit annoying to think I'm going to HKIA just to get on a bus and go to Shenzhen airport. Also, I'm very concerned I will never be able to find the actual bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Just want to update this and ask if someone has recently gone to the Shenzhen Airport with a bus from Hong Kong? I am actually looking for a bus from Tung Chung, but the only one I found is from HKIA and that's just a bit annoying to think I'm going to HKIA just to get on a bus and go to Shenzhen airport. Also, I'm very concerned I will never be able to find the actual bus stop.
    Loads of them go from underneath the shopping mall in Tung Chung. Follow the signs down there and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Loads of them go from underneath the shopping mall in Tung Chung. Follow the signs down there and ask.
    There is a bus from Citygate to Huanggang border every hour, and from Citygate to Kingkey Center in Shenzhen every 30 minutes.

I suggest you take the bus to Huanggang. Then there is the Shenzhen airport bus from Huanggang to SZ airport. I think it is airport bus number 9.

Ngong Ping 360 (Tung Chung) - 16:45 / 18:45
    Trans-Island Limousine