Indian Visa for British Citizen

Closed Thread

Indian Visa for British Citizen

I am going to Hong Kong for a month before I fly to India. I am departing in just over a week from the UK - therefore I have far too little time to acquire my Indian visa here in the UK.

I am a British passport holder and was wondering if it is possible to apply for an Indian Tourist Visa at the Indian Consolate in Hong Kong, or is this reserved only for HK/Macau/PRC citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by tiaw:
    I am going to Hong Kong for a month before I fly to India. I am departing in just over a week from the UK - therefore I have far too little time to acquire my Indian visa here in the UK.

I am a British passport holder and was wondering if it is possible to apply for an Indian Tourist Visa at the Indian Consolate in Hong Kong, or is this reserved only for HK/Macau/PRC citizens?
    Should be fine.

Information is on the indian consulate website:

http://www.indianconsulate.org.hk/

under the visa section.

btw it will probably take 4-5 working days.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Get the visa before you leave-tell them your problem and they may be able to speed things up

From the Indian Consulate website:

Consulate General of India, Hong Kong, issues Tourist/Business/Employment/Student and other types of visas to applicants who are residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Applicants with Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan ID cards can normally obtain a visa on the same day provided the application is complete in all respects.

Visas can also be issued to applicants who are not normal residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, after obtaining clearance from the Indian Missions in the countries of the applicants' normal residence. A period of 4 to 5 working days is required for processing such applications. Applicants under this category are required to pay HK$100/- towards telex/fax charges. The visa fee is to be paid only after the clearance is received.