Like Tree35Likes

Additional Starbucks needed at Airport

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Great! Hope they give Starbucks/Pacific a run for their money and don't close down in 6 months.

Sent from my C6603 using GeoClicks mobile app

Starbucks is a franchise is it not?

Why don't you set one up

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Great! Hope they give Starbucks/Pacific a run for their money and don't close down in 6 months.

Sent from my C6603 using GeoClicks mobile app

Coffee academics seem to be expanding too. Seen 2 now, one in CWB behind Times Square and one At the end of Wanchai just before Admiralty on Johnston.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Whoa, touched a nerve there it sounds like. I acknowledged the starbucks outside the security zone. However inside the security zone, there is one starbucks by gate 21 that is an absolute combat zone every morning. Admitttedly that location is adjacent to the 500 level gates which handles most flights that I do. The staff are actually very good at this location, they hustle faster than any waitstaff I have seen in HK, of course dealing with those crowds everyday would sharpen your craft.

Perhaps I phrased the question poorly and should have stated that starbucks needs to reposition themself or expand the main location and shut down a satelitte one.

But regardless of how many locations starbucks has, this one store is insane. Ive seen 15 or 20 people in line quite often and rarely is it less than 10. I really don't care how many starbucks are outside the security area. Frankly i could do with none out there. Its not often I get off a flight and need a coffee. I guess its good for those night time coffee drinkers...that I don't understand either. If you are drinking coffee at night, on a regular basis..that is an issue...but I digress..
    Maybe as your such an uppetty (spelt on purpose) type just for you starbucks will do a dutyfree type deal. Order and pay before you travel and pickup after you pass immigration.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

There is still a Burger King at the airport - I went there the other day, in T2 however...

Coffee - When past security, I always prefer to go to the Illy cafe outside Gate 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Starbucks is a franchise is it not?

Why don't you set one up
    Not in Hong Kong and Macau, here it's owned by the Maxim's group

http://www.scmp.com/article/969595/s...ownership-deal
    http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/us/2011...t_12634555.htm
    Trebor and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Well you learn something new everyday.
    bak875 and wtbhotia like this.

How come every time I pop into a Burger King, I end up spending something like $80, just for myself?

Or am I just a pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    How come every time I pop into a Burger King, I end up spending something like $80, just for myself?

Or am I just a pig?
    Supreme Whopper? That beast is over 1000 calories on its own! My old gym was next to a bk so liked to devour one occassionally after a heavy workout.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Supreme Whopper? That beast is over 1000 calories on its own! My old gym was next to a bk so liked to devour one occassionally after a heavy workout.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Nay, mushroom double Swiss. I don't like their fries, so never order a meal. So 2 of of those burgers, a soft drink and something say on the side, and it's not so cheap anymore.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app