Need to take both our DH's to Australia for our Family Holiday

Question Need to take both our DH's to Australia for our Family Holiday

Last year we took our Filipino Helper with us to Australia to help us on our annual holiday (we had 2 kids under 2 years old). I now have 3 kids, all under 3 years old! (including a 7 week old baby) and need to take both our Helpers with us this time as my husband cannot come with us due to work demands here in HK. I contacted the Australian Consulate and was told we can only take one Helper each time, as per their policy.

Does anybody know if there is any LEGAL way around this, such as taking one as our Helper and another just on a Tourist Visa, or something like that? Has anybody taken 2 Helpers with them to Australia at one time?

I'd be very interested and appreciative to hear any suggestions or advice.

Many thanks.

From a Busy Mummy of 3

All helpers are supposed to enter on tourist visas. Last time you took your helper you must have signed a form saying they would not work. I'm sure they turn a blind eye to one going as a supposed tourist but i doubt they will to two. Have you got family that can help? Or you could hire a babysitter. The hourly rate is obviously a lot higher but no airfare.

3 under 3. You must be crazy

Last edited by aussiegal; 22-07-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Maybe able to help you.

Please contact me on [email protected]
    I am an Australian who may be free to travel with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzee:
    Last year we took our Filipino Helper with us to Australia to help us on our annual holiday (we had 2 kids under 2 years old). I now have 3 kids, all under 3 years old! (including a 7 week old baby) and need to take both our Helpers with us this time as my husband cannot come with us due to work demands here in HK. I contacted the Australian Consulate and was told we can only take one Helper each time, as per their policy.

Does anybody know if there is any LEGAL way around this, such as taking one as our Helper and another just on a Tourist Visa, or something like that? Has anybody taken 2 Helpers with them to Australia at one time?

I'd be very interested and appreciative to hear any suggestions or advice.

Many thanks.

From a Busy Mummy of 3