travelling with small children in South Asia

Closed Thread

travelling with small children in South Asia

Hi,

Where would you first travel from Hong Kong for a holiday with small children? We recently arrived to HK and plan to go on holiday late October. We would not like to travel very far. Any suggestions?

Bit more info needed.

Small Children? Define small? and how many?

Maybe Japan and the theme parks there and if one of them is a girl then she'll love San Rio Land

SANRIO PUROLAND ONLINE

They also have disneyland and Universal Studios, if they're into that sort of thing.

sanya, china and phuket, thailand are my choices. all the beautiful beaches and fabulous resorts around. Pick those with children playroom, parents can have a few hours to their own for a massage or a cocktail.

Rasa Sentosa in Singapore and Rasa Ria on Kota Kinabalu. Both are Shangri-la resorts, both are close flights and both have things for young kids to do. As a bonus, Rasa Ria has an orangutan preserve. Beaches are so-so, but the pools are nice. Actually, I am not sure I would go in the ocean in Singapore but the attractions of Singapore aren't the beaches.

If its truly a first time for the kids and you to be away together, I would recommend that you stay close as a test :-)

Very close : Rent a holiday home on Lantau (TongFuk, PuiO etc) for a few days.

Somewhat close : Chimelong in Guangzhou

HC

thanks and more info

Thank you all for the quick reply. We will be travelling with two 2 and a half year old. We would like children friendly beach as well as something to see for the parents.

Our LO was around one when we went to Kota Kinabalu and he had a great time. Played on the pirate ship, the zip line, up and down the pool slide with mommy, etc... Not much for adults at the resort (other than the preserve).
    He was around 18 months when we went to Singapore and he also liked that, although that trip involved more adult sites than KK did.

We've been to Phuket a few times and love it. Can't wait to go back