Like Tree8Likes

Travelling to Ho Chi Minh City next month...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    To call HCMC 'very developed and sophisticated' is just trolling. Zone 1 maybe. The rest of the city live on a few hundred USD a month.

Danielt - yes, it's safe.

The fact you call them "zones" rather than "districts" tells me you know very little about what your talking about. I just returned from a friends house in district 2. Just to give you a little info..district 2 is actually where many of the expats who work in HCMC live...and it is very developed and a great place to live .
    jayinhongkong and Cwbguy like this.

HCMC also has some of the finest French resteraunts, that I posted on another earlier thread, that I have ever been to, at great prices.

The hotels are still very reasonable as well, like a suite at The Rex for around HK$1500. Definitely one of my favourite Asian cities.

Shame the visa takes up a whole page in the passport which is a PITA.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/2...ead279642.html

Last edited by Cwbguy; 14-06-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: adding link.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    The fact you call them "zones" rather than "districts" tells me you know very little about what your talking about. I just returned from a friends house in district 2. Just to give you a little info..district 2 is actually where many of the expats who work in HCMC live...and it is very developed and a great place to live .
    Yes it s a nice place but it ia not develiooed and sophisticated...it has glimpses of that but the whole city isn't. Obviously the expat are is nice....

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    HCMC also has some of the finest French resteraunts, that I posted on another earlier thread, that I have ever been to, at great prices.

The hotels are still very reasonable as well, like a suite at The Rex for around HK$1500. Definitely one of my favourite Asian cities.

Shame the visa takes up a whole page in the passport which is a PITA.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/2...ead279642.html
    Agreed. The food alone makes HCMC worth the trip. Outstanding dining and hospitality. Some really nice French cafés too.
    Last edited by closedcasket; 14-06-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Yes it s a nice place but it ia not develiooed and sophisticated...it has glimpses of that but the whole city isn't. Obviously the expat are is nice....
    I suppose you are entitled to your opinion. I travel throughout most of Asia, and I rank HCMC towards the top of my list...

I suppose you are entitled to your opinion. I travel throughout most of Asia, and I rank HCMC towards the top of my list...
    That's not the point. I love the place but you can't say HCMC is developed. Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore and Hk are developed.

HCMC is great but it does not rank with those cities, it's a nice city, full of life, with great food, lovely people etc etc but the infrastructure is nowhere near a developed city (no subway yet, unreliable public transport, no road rules etc etc), the medical facilities are (aside the fancy private clinic) nowhere near what you would get in a developed city etc etc...schools? How many international schools you have there? Government?

Am not denying it's a great place and I go there several times a year, I love it but let's be objective.....

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    That's not the point. I love the place but you can't say HCMC is developed. Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore and Hk are developed.

HCMC is great but it does not rank with those cities, it's a nice city, full of life, with great food, lovely people etc etc but the infrastructure is nowhere near a developed city (no subway yet, unreliable public transport, no road rules etc etc), the medical facilities are (aside the fancy private clinic) nowhere near what you would get in a developed city etc etc...schools? How many international schools you have there? Government?

Am not denying it's a great place and I go there several times a year, I love it but let's be objective.....

Just because HCMC is not the most developed city in Asia, doesn't mean it is not developed. As I stayed earlier, it is a bit subjective and in some ways a matter of semantics. I agree with your list of cities that are more developed, but I could make a much longer list of less developed cities in Asia.

Have you ever been anywhere in Loas, Bangladesh, Philipines, Indonesia, Cambodia ? Most of China and most of India? If you spent more time outside of HK & Singapore and really traveled to all corners of Asia, you would realize HCMC is quite developed and not at all a "third world country".

Just because HCMC is not the most developed city in Asia, doesn't mean it is not developed. As I stayed earlier, it is a bit subjective and in some ways a matter of semantics. I agree with your list of cities that are more developed, but I could make a much longer list of less developed cities in Asia.

Have you ever been anywhere in Loas, Bangladesh, Philipines, Indonesia, Cambodia ? Most of China and most of India? If you spent more time outside of HK & Singapore and really traveled to all corners of Asia, you would realize HCMC is quite developed and not at all a "third world country".
    Dude let the patronizing at the door.

I work/travelled in all the countries u listed above, add Burma and Mongolia to the list of places too.

Not denying HCMC is more developed than Manilla or Jakarta ....but calling it developed and sophisticated is a real stretch.

For the record, I do project financing....trust me, I go to places in the countries u listed above that are NOT the main cities too.

HCMC is one of my favorite, but I also know that it's far from being a 'developed' city. It's a great place and I love it tho.

HK_Katherine and bibbju like this.

Wow proper first world my dick is bigger than yours I travel more and there am more cultured and know more shit dick swinging turd throwing going on here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Wow proper first world my dick is bigger than yours I travel more and there am more cultured and know more shit dick swinging turd throwing going on here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Not at all but if it pleases u to believe so, so be it.