Like Tree7Likes

APEC Travel Card for US Citizens

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

In Xian I used the counter called 'special lane', thus it was quicker than using the normal immigration counters for passport holders.

pin likes this.

I picked up my card last friday, only thing that bugged me was Indonesia is on my approved list but when i sent the letter to pick up it wasnt so I waited a few weeks to pick up and finally Indonesia was approved, I waited another week to go pick it up and its not on the bloody card FFS. Now I will have to get a new card re-issued.

I tried to use the apec card to exit Hong Kong lo wu the elderly special channel as an alternative to using the machine : was told it wasn't allowed : seems no special channel out at lo wu Hong Kong side : also there is no special channel exit out of China at the 24 hour Wong gong crossing : you can really get held up there behind tour groups exiting China in the early am as only minimal staff on : anyone had any success these border crossings ?

Last edited by hongkong7; 01-09-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    In Xian I used the counter called 'special lane', thus it was quicker than using the normal immigration counters for passport holders.
    Quick question when using APEC card in China.

Even if travelling for pleasure, do you put visit purpose as business or they really don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Quick question when using APEC card in China.

Even if travelling for pleasure, do you put visit purpose as business or they really don't care?
    I've always put the real reason (always tourism to date!) and never had a problem.
    pin and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I've always put the real reason (always tourism to date!) and never had a problem.
    Thanks. That's what I did today, no problem.

Should add, while there was a special lane, it seemed it was open to anyone to use.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Should add, while there was a special lane, it seemed it was open to anyone to use.
    I find this really varies - by airport, by day ... i.e. even the same airport is not necessarily the same every time I visit! Some places strictly enforce the special lane... for some it's special for a large number of people (children, APEC, disabled, old people) that sometimes means it's hardly special at all! And in other places as you say, it seems anyone is using it!
    hongkong7 and elle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I find this really varies - by airport, by day
    yes i think they keep it strict when there is higher traffic, when there is low flow they prefer to keep all of the agents busy. i think this is a huge benefit, especially for the incredibly slow macau ports!

although i did find out that USA citizen APEC cards do not offer the free visa option - another political disagreement!

FYI - I used the Special Lane at the Lok Ma Chau / Shenzhen crossing yesterday without issue (with my APEC card)

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    I tried to use the apec card to exit Hong Kong lo wu the elderly special channel as an alternative to using the machine : was told it wasn't allowed : seems no special channel out at lo wu Hong Kong side
    You mean HK or CN immigration? In Lowu CN I always use the special lane and never got a 'can't do'. Same in Lokmachau/Futian. Huanggang I don't recall.