Like Tree6Likes

Summer trip - suggestions?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by kjames:
    As mentioned. Guilin and Yangshou are good options.

I'm going to Yangshou in a weeks time so did sone research.

Soft sleeper train was rmb300 ish. Per person, per way.... So travel would be 1200rmb.
    There's a coach from Sz that's even cheaper.

Hotels were all very cheap.
    Soft sleeper is 440 rmb from Shenzhen. And hard to book tickets. Bus takes around 8 hours - goes to Yangshuo - but not very comfortable. Bus is around 250 rmb.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Enjoy it but Guilin & Yanzhou is probably a dual stop holiday. A couple 2 nights in one and one in the other. Otherwise it is a bit of a rush to do in a day trip.
    If flying or catching the train to Guilin, I would then go directly to Yangshuo. Nothing much in Guilin which Yangshuo does not do much better.

I'm staying one night in Guilin and 5 in Yangshou. So should be plenty of time, hopefully.

I'm flying, due to the train timings not quite working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kjames:
    I'm staying one night in Guilin and 5 in Yangshou. So should be plenty of time, hopefully.

I'm flying, due to the train timings not quite working for me.
    I'd also think about having one night at the rice terraces north of Guilin. Stay in Dazhai or Tiantouzhai village. Places in Guilin and Yangshuo offer the rice terraces as a one day tour, but being there early morning or late evening adds to the experience immensely.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6