Like Tree6Likes

Summer trip - suggestions?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Summer trip - suggestions?

I was planning on taking my Girlfriend to a 3-4 day summer trip, preferably in August. As a university student, our budget is very minuscule; 5.5k to 6kish max. So, are there any places nearby Hong Kong (besides Macau) where i could have some quality time with my girl and maybe do a little shopping?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

5.5K to 6K per person or total for the two of you?

6k for the both of us, i mean total, sorry for not being clear.

Well you could get flights on Cebu Pacific to Manila for HK$1100 each including most of the taxes, and $3500 or so should be OK for 3 nights in a modest hotel and your F&B.
    Not sure it's much of a shopping destination though.

I guess there would be a few options in the Mainland.

Do you have China visas already?

Fly to Manila and bus down to the south of Luzon. There are a few nice beach / holiday resorts down there. You could spend one day in Manila shopping and then 2 beaching. Manila is fine for shopping although it's better for low-end stuff than high-end stuff due to the taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefab Sprout:
    Do you have China visas already?
    Yes i do

We've already been to Manila.. Perhaps China would be a fresher place.. Is 6k enough for a 3 night stay at a decent hotel?

Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore even. Look for cheap flights - should be no more than $3k for 2 including taxes etc. but no luggage to any of those destinations - and a hotel for $500-$1000 per night, depending on where and how nice you want.

Couple of examples for you:
    We went to Chaing Mai in January for a couple of nights, paid $1380 for flights and $1664 for 2 nights in a nice hotel, breakfast included. Double the hotel rate for 4 nights, and that's $4700 for 4 nights...
    We've been to Singapore a couple of times this year, paid $1850 / $2500 for flights, and $1650 / $1750 for 2 nights in city hotels, no breakfast - if you can find something like the lower end of those rates, it's affordable for 3-4 nights...
    If you're willing to stretch and bargain hunt, you might even get as far as Japan with a budget like that!

Fatelvis likes this.

Wow i had no idea Singapore was that... Affordable. Will check it out, thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast