Like Tree6Likes

China during Mid-Autumn festival?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China during Mid-Autumn festival?

Mid Autumn festival this year falls on a Tuesday in HK, so I've taken the Monday off.

Normally I don't travel to China during public holidays in China (and I understand it will be a public holiday in China during Mid Autumn festival) however am contemplating it this time.

Anyone had past experiences of this?

Am thinking of going to either Xi'an or Guilin.

Don't do it, unless you enjoy being in crowds of hundreds of thousands. Both Guilin and Xian are major domestic tourist destinations.

pin likes this.

Go anywhere else - pretty much anywhere worth seeing in China during public holidays is very crowded so unless you get a kick out of being pushed and shoved everywhere you go I'd give it a miss.

pin likes this.

OK, thanks guys. I would fully expect things to be busier than usual, however was hoping this holiday things would be a bit calmer than say during National Day week.

+1 for avoid. I've been to Chinese tourist sites NOT on public holidays and the crowding was scary - on a public holiday it would be unbearable.

pin likes this.

Pin, just go to Mong Kok or Causeway Bay and experience the crowding for lot less LOL

Sept 8 is public holiday in China and Sept 9 is public holiday in HK so would Sept 9th in China be lot less busy???

the holiday lasts only three days, and people in china usually go out during national day instead of mid-autumn...anyway, for the very popular destinations like xi'an or guilin, just don't take that risk(especially Guilin, because touring around Xi'an and its neighboring towns usually takes around a week, but Guilin requires fewer days)

yes, less crowded on sept 9

Last edited by stellahk; 03-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Just come back from Xi'an. It was fine.

drumbrake likes this.

But isn't TODAY the holiday?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast