Shenzhen visa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shenzhen visa

Now that Olympics are over, can me and my friend get Shenzhen visa at border? I am an Indian passport holder and my friend is Pakistani passport holder.
    If not, can I get Shenzhen visa from HK through China travel agents and how much does it cost?
    Many thanks in advance.

Hey I want to know too. Me british passport needs visa to Shanghai for a weekend, has it resumed to normal procedures now or is there any under the table methods I should know of? Many thanks

Normal procedures are only expected to return after the para Olympics. that would be end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    Normal procedures are only expected to return after the para Olympics. that would be end of October.
    u mean me and my friend need to apply for visa here only?
    how much does it cost?

Also, how many days does it take to get Shenzhen visa, if I apply here.

Have a look at this thread, should answer your questions.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread26257.html

Or if you want the short version:

Go to a HK visa agency to get a Tourist (L) Visa with one entry. Business visa is quite complicated now.

For tourist visa:

provide ...
    1. picture
    2. money
    3. booking of hotel
    4. proof of transportation to and out of China; for ex. airline ticket from x to china and back. or busticket, etc.
    5. timetable of your visit

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    Have a look at this thread, should answer your questions.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread26257.html

Or if you want the short version:

Go to a HK visa agency to get a Tourist (L) Visa with one entry. Business visa is quite complicated now.

For tourist visa:

provide ...
    1. picture
    2. money
    3. booking of hotel
    4. proof of transportation to and out of China; for ex. airline ticket from x to china and back. or busticket, etc.
    5. timetable of your visit
    Waaah!!really!!!!!!!!!!! i just want to go for one day lah! no proof of airline ticket and hotel booking as i will just go shenzhen, that too just for few hours.
    thought will get the shenzhen visa on border like i got last time.
    Last edited by mercury_element; 25-08-2008 at 11:24 PM.

As long as you are a Hong Kong resident you can get a Shenzhen only visa at the border - only in Lowu though, the other border visa offices are still closed.

I had to make a 1 day trip to shenzhen about a 1.5months back and I had to show airline and hotel reservations to get a visa. I was issued a 2 day visa. Cost me HK$150 and i got it in 3 days. You can get it faster than that if you pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    Waaah!!really!!!!!!!!!!! i just want to go for one day lah! no proof of airline ticket and hotel booking as i will just go shenzhen, that too just for few hours.
    thought will get the shenzhen visa on border like i got last time.

Quote Originally Posted by pai:
    I had to make a 1 day trip to shenzhen about a 1.5months back and I had to show airline and hotel reservations to get a visa. I was issued a 2 day visa. Cost me HK$150 and i got it in 3 days. You can get it faster than that if you pay more.
    do u have HK id? both me and my friend have HK id, so not sure if we need to show the airline proof, as we will go by train and only for one day , will not stay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast