Like Tree29Likes

Transportation from Manchester Airport

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cottonbudscandy:
    Hi Rich,

"I would seriously advise against taking that approach unless the consideration is purely financial." <- Are you referring to taking the national express from Manchester to Leeds?

We looked at the train tickets from Manchester to Hartlepool, and yikes it is 58.3 quid! We decided to spend the money elsewhere instead.
    megabus maybe cheap, but it takes a long time and may not be punctual, if any delays, you may not even catch on time

If a thirty quid difference is going to be a problem for you, your entire trip is going to be very stressful. The UK is not a cheap place to visit without local knowledge (and even with local knowledge sometimes!)

bibbju likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Rich, I grew up in Durham, so have been to Hartlepool many times. I was dating a ridiculously hot girl from Peterlee for a while and she insisted on us going out to Hartlepool every time.

No amount of sex with a 9 out of 10er is worth that in the long term.
    That never happened though did it.

I bet she was a 7 tops.
    imparanoic and iliketurtles like this.

if you going to take public transport on a sunday, expect to wait for hours.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if you going to take public transport on a sunday, expect to wait for hours.
    I once waited 1.45mins for a bus in a major city (Birmingham) on a sunday when I was my teens, it was horrible experience and on a cold freezing day, closest to that in HK was at 40mins

imagine how long you be waiting in a small town

a few year later, my gf ( now wife) studied in bath, though I had a car, I tried catching train from Birmingham to bath on sunday to see how long it would take on a sunday, from my place in north Birmingham to city centre, took 30mins but I had to wait 25mins for train to city centre, i waited 45mins from Birmingham new street station for the bristol train it took around 2 hours to Bristol, then waited another 35mins for the bus to bath from Bristol ( the train wait was at 1.20mins ), took around 45mins to bath.

that's 5 plus hours, from then onwards I just drive to there, less hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    That never happened though did it.

I bet she was a 7 tops.
    I met her in Ayia Napa (as you do). She was smoking hot. She's a lawyer now too.

She lost a point because she was short and because she liked Hartlepool.

She's on my FB. You'll find her if you search far enough :-)

Original Post Deleted
    you know as well as every other british person know UK rail's time tables is rarely on time and they even more the goal post for annual performance figures

UK railways judged worst for fares and efficiency | UK news | The Guardian

Britain's 'worst train operators' named by Twitter users - Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    I met her in Ayia Napa (as you do). She was smoking hot. She's a lawyer now too.

She lost a point because she was short and because she liked Hartlepool.

She's on my FB. You'll find her if you search far enough :-)
    Are her initials KS?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you know as well as every other british person know UK rail's time tables is rarely on time and they even more the goal post for annual performance figures

UK railways judged worst for fares and efficiency | UK news | The Guardian

Britain's 'worst train operators' named by Twitter users - Telegraph
    They are not THAT bad. Sure, compared to Switzerland where you can plan 4 minute interchanges and be relaxed about catching your connection, they are not great. But all the trains I have travelled on in the last 10 years have been within about 20 mins of their timetable, and most actually on time.

(Although I did miss a 10 minute connection in Switzerland earlier this year on account of the train being 20 mins late... so you really never can tell!).
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Are her initials KS?
    Haha no, but I've slept with her too (if you mean K- Smith). She was strictly a 7! She had fake breasts.