Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Ditching final leg on a CX flight?

Closed Thread

Ditching final leg on a CX flight?

Given that mainland departures are often cheaper than direct flights from HKG, has anyone tried ditching the final leg of that flight? I see that there is a 500 RMB "no show" fee in the T&C, but I don't know if it refers specifically to this, and/or if the airline would even charge it.

More specifically, I want to do:

Guangzhou / Hong Kong
    Hong Kong / LAX

LAX / Hong Kong
    Hong Kong / Guangzhou

-- since I don't actually want to end up in Guangzhou, i'd happily ditch that final leg. Anyone tried?

Only thing I can think of is that your bags will be sent thru to GZ, if you have checked luggage.

And you have to board in GZ to start

might screw up your miles, if any

If the stop over in HK is just a stop over, if your boarding ticket shows you going to GZ they might not let you off.

Journey will have to start in GZ. On the way back, you need to try an get the longest possible stop over you can and then when you check in, just tell them to check your bags just to HK.

As long as its a one off and you don't do it frequently, you should be fine.

I do this all the time. Easy to get bags checked to hk only. I just say I'm going to change my flights when I get to hk.

Paxbritannia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I do this all the time. Easy to get bags checked to hk only. I just say I'm going to change my flights when I get to hk.
    And just check in through to hk too then u are technically not a no show.