Like Tree17Likes

HKIA v Changi

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    I took this train with my eldest son during the mid autumn festival long weekend. It was excellent.Very easy and convenient plus quick as it is express for around half the trip.

I like Haneda airport especially the upstairs open air observation deck. Which makes it a favourite of ours if the weather is clear.

I reckon Coombsy needs to visit Tokyo, to experience some much needed perspective. My opinion, Tokyo/Japan has its house in order and never irritated me or dared try to be dishonest, not a once.

Cleanest city in Asia if not one of the cleanest in the world.That goes for the airport which is spotless, public toilets, transport, streets, staion platforms, restaurants, foot paths and taxis. Amazing to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Mrs. Jones and alexdown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I reckon Coombsy needs to visit Tokyo, to experience some much needed perspective. My opinion, Tokyo/Japan has its house in order and never irritated me or dared try to be dishonest, not a once.
    Once, thats all I needed - was there once about 12 years ago and the traumatic experience thats known as Narita has put me off every going back.

I enjoyed the city, its people and loved its food : so perhaps I'll give the place another chance if an opportunity via Haneda presents itself.

Unless forced into it by work, I cant see myself ever going back to Narita again.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Once, thats all I needed - was there once about 12 years ago and the traumatic experience thats known as Narita has put me off every going back.

I enjoyed the city, its people and loved its food : so perhaps I'll give the place another chance if an opportunity via Haneda presents itself.

Unless forced into it by work, I cant see myself ever going back to Narita again.
    What was so awful about Narita? flown through it often and other than the time taken to get to central Tokyo I can't see the downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    ...and other than the time taken to get to central Tokyo...
    Isnt that enough?

Take a delayed flight, add a nice thunderstorm to it, combine it with a bus that gets caught in a traffic jam, add a tinkling of a very full bladder and finally combine all that with 3 hours in the said uncomfortable bus; this will result in my aversion to ever going back to Narita...

Life is just too short. I'd rather spend my time in frustrating Manila then experience that frustration again.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Isnt that enough?

Take a delayed flight, add a nice thunderstorm to it, combine it with a bus that gets caught in a traffic jam, add a tinkling of a very full bladder and finally combine all that with 3 hours in the said uncomfortable bus; this will result in my aversion to ever going back to Narita...

Life is just too short. I'd rather spend my time in frustrating Manila then experience that frustration again.
    The Narita Express train is the way to go. Much faster and more comfortable.

Well I'll be damned. DeletedUser promoting buses and Katherine promoting trains. A historic moment on geoexpat

Original Post Deleted
    I believe the next step in this argument would be for me to note that buses get stuck in traffic... LOL -

but I do agree. I've taken the bus from Narita when I was going to Yokohama as it was by far the easiest way to get there; but often my destination is not Tokyo at all but south in the hiking districts where going to a central train station often makes sense. It rather depends on the time of day though!

For a country that absolutely excels in high speed trains it has always puzzled me why the Narita Express is so slow. I flew into Haneda once and agree it was super convenient... but also much more expensive on the flight cost side which was a downer.

I've taken the bus from Narita Airport once there and back and don't remember it taking all that long, maybe an hour and a half, possibly less. It didn't seem unreasonable to me, but agree that Haneda is the much more convenient of the two Airports ( especially by train ) if you are Tokyo central bound.