Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 2 Post By bibbju

Long weekend trip recommendations?

Closed Thread

Long weekend trip recommendations?

Because of my pecuilar work schedule, I have a long weekend coming up early next month, thinking of going somewhere quick but nice in the region. Any recommendations? I am not bothered by the cold (I am Canadian after all ), but I wouldn't pass over "sun and beach" either. Just somewhere relaxing where I can forget about work for a few days.

For quick and cheap, Philippines. Direct flights to Cebu from HK and you can be on the beach within an hour of landing or travel further for nicer beaches etc.

Cho-man likes this.

Cebu is nice, good recommendation. Although my wife went there not too long ago, any other good alternatives?

Koh Samui. Not the cheapest option but quick and easy to get to. And you can be sitting on the beach within 10 mins drive of leaving the airport. My favourite place to go to get away from work! Latest Bangkok Airways flight out of HK, check in to Saree Samui (all small private villas) and HK and work is suddenly a million miles away :-). Dammit, wish I was doing that right now!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Cho-man and aublumberg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Koh Samui. Not the cheapest option but quick and easy to get to. And you can be sitting on the beach within 10 mins drive of leaving the airport. My favourite place to go to get away from work! Latest Bangkok Airways flight out of HK, check in to Saree Samui (all small private villas) and HK and work is suddenly a million miles away :-). Dammit, wish I was doing that right now!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Good candidate. Also considering Penang, Phuket and Kota Kinabalu. Bali is nice too but a bit too far at 5 hours flight for a long weekend.