anyone flown with garuda indonesia air before?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

anyone flown with garuda indonesia air before?

as the title says, thinking of going to bali, can fly with garuda indonesia or with singapore air. which one is more reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5:
    as the title says, thinking of going to bali, can fly with garuda indonesia or with singapore air. which one is more reliable?
    Hey, of course Singapore airline, the food is much much better as well.
    By the way, Cathay Pacific with non stop flight to Bali, will u consider?
    I like CX the most!

Jenn

Air Crash Statistics

If you take a peek at this page, the answer should be obvious :-)
    AirDisaster.Com: Statistics

Garuda does not have a good reputation and here is an amusing thread about Garuda:
    Garuda Indonesia Airlines - Shanghai Expat

Having said all that, they are usually and significantly cheaper than the competition. Being a cheapskate myself I have taken them on occasion for international flying.

HC

life is too precious to let garuda take hold of it...

i would like to get a ticket to indo as well, do you guys know where i can get sheap tickets? (on cx)

Garuda is banned from flying to the EU. That tells you all you need to know.

It's not just unsafe. It's also quite an unpleasant experience. (Think, food, toilets not working etc etc). Not worth it - holidays are supposed to be fun. If you want discount, try Air Asia. I'm sure you can hop via KL on them for a cheap price.

Who cares about food in 4 hour flight if you can save few hundred dollars? I used Garuda few times before - can't complain. They even gave me a really nice business card holder with their logo!

You'd care if you ate it and then spent the rest of your holiday on the loo....

Jeeeezz... get yourself a McDonald burger before the flight... Seriously, like you never traveled before...

I had to fly on Garuda several years ago on, what they were happy to tell me, was a 'reconditioned' Boeing 747. To give you an idea of the age of the aircraft, it had netting instead of overhead luggage bins .

I would never do it again!

Although if you had to fly within Indonesia it is probably the best choice.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast