Like Tree12Likes

Nepal trekking agency recommendations?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kironx:
    you can find fishtail travels at jordan for anythings about Nepal
    Given he said he was going "next week", back in March, I would be more interested in knowing if he got home safely given the earthquake.
    kironx and wtbhotia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 441211:
    That's perfect, thank you very much! I'm now a member of the AAC.

Anybody want to come with me next week on a climbing trip to Nepal?
    Forgot to respond to this months ago. Far as I know, most normal travel insurance polices will cover mountaineering- I've checked the wording on the HSBC policy and there are no exclusions for high altitude. The main exclusion for sports is for those you enter as a professional competitor.

Hi all - gratuitous and pointless revival of an old thread. (if anyone is still reading...)

HK_Katherine: Yes, I did get back safely from Nepal, thanks for asking! I got back a couple of weeks before the earthquake happened. I was in Langtang - it's tragic to see photos of the places I just visited. Many are now largely or completely destroyed.

wtbhotia: As it happens we tried to find Chapate restaurant yesterday. Went up the stairs to the left of Yue Man, there was some kind of club/event (?) up there with mind-blowingly loud music playing and a sign on the door saying "private event". We asked if there was a Nepalese restaurant around, they told us to go to the Nepalese/Indian store downstairs to the right of Yue Man. We went there and were shown up some stairs at the back, where there was a 'restaurant' called Om Nava Buddha. Though it sounds like a different place to what you suggested, they did indeed have big (and cheap) plates of momos with "yummy sauce", and we thoroughly enjoyed our food Right place or not, thanks for the suggestion!

wtbhotia likes this.

@wtbhotia I may have also had something to do with looking for momos on Shanghai St. We're still curious if you know of Om Nava Buddha or where the other one is that you suggested.

Sadly, it appears Om Nava Buddha restaurant is no more.
    Anybody know any other similar local nepalese places?