Like Tree9Likes

Indian Visa on Arrival

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    As noted, not yet set them up. Last week we set up the meeting AFTER I got the visa..... I've tried emailing the conference travel agent for the conference I am going to as well... see if they have anything.
    I know you havent set it up but you know who your going to meet so ask for a letter anyways is what I was trying to say, tell them its for arranging the visa, if they cant be arsed to give it to you then the conference travel agent will definitely be able to help you out as they should be well experienced for this.

If all else fails let me know and I'll get you bloody invitation letter from India LOL

OK. The saga continues. Some feedback (for those unlucky enough to follow me!) and a question.

I sent hubby in with my visa application this morning - including the letter from the company in India (eventually) and a letter from my company (actually my APEC support letter with "APEC card" changed to "Indian visa"... so it covered the usual stuff about needing to travel and the company meeting all expenses etc etc.

Rejected.

It required my company support letter not to say "Indian visa" but "multiple entry Indian visa". They also wanted my BR for the company and a copy of the page of my passport (even though they get the whole passport anyway).

So I edited my letter, printed out the BR and the front page of my passport and resubmitted.

Rejected. Again.

This time they wanted the photograph (which was a high quality digital photograph) printed on "photographic paper" not "normal paper" even though the blasted thing was required to be PASTED onto the form and thus the type of paper being utterly irrelevant. And they wanted a copy of my UK passport even though I ticked that I only had one nationality on the form.

So by then there was no time to resubmit and I will have to do it tomorrow. So, I went to the MTR and did the "passport photos" in the booth, but I notice now I get them back that they are not the specified 2 inch by 2 inch photos required. QUESTION ... has anyone had a "normal" passport photo rejected for this visa? And if so, where did you get them done eventually?

I find it really hard to believe that any country has such a convoluted and frankly idiotic visa application process! Its not like I'm moving there, only going for 4 days!

Oh - and they require ID card copies too, which is also not specified anywhere, but luckily I guessed that one and put a copy in anyway.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Which passport are you submitting?

I find it really hard to believe that any country has such a convoluted and frankly idiotic visa application process! Its not like I'm moving there, only going for 4 days!
    Sadly, being an Indian national, I have to go through a lot of this shit while applying for all sorts of visas... UK / EU (Shengen thingy) .. pick your favourite western country and I'll give you a similar story from my end.

Very specific Photo Format -- Check
    BR and Company Info - Check
    Letter of invitation - Check
    Visa Type - Check

And don't take it personally ... just general reciprocity ...
    wtbhotia and HK_Katherine like this.

Question - Have you ever travelled to India on a UK passport and then used a NZ passport for the visa on arrival thingy?

I agree with Shri, same with any western country (worst being USA).
    Even Philippines was giving me shit with the number of documents required to get a tourist visa for along weekend. Fortunately, that has changed as they let Indians have visa on arrival if you have an American or Shengen visa.

wtbhotia likes this.

Yes the India Visa application is a nightmare, I took my 2 x 2 inch picture at some random photography shops, I think Fotomax also do it and you tell them its India and they should know, had to take my photos back and then scan them to upload to the online application form, my secretary had to do it a few times and the number of questions asked is crazy, details of Grand Parents WTF LOL she was pulling her hair out trying to get the form filled in. after that then its easy we just print everything out and hand it off the agent courier

Oh Pakistan is the same nightmare and even more expensive, i think it was 900 something for 1 single entry.

While not Indian passport, a friend of ours came to our wedding in a South East Asian Country. She has a passport from a South Asian country. Took about 2 months for her to get her visa approved. Involved various letters from myself, hotel where we were staying and the airline.

When family from Africa go to visit Europe they also have to jump through a million and one hoops to get visa's approved.

You may find it frustrating and you are within your rights to think that no other country has such convoluted visa requirements, but they do. Because you are from a Western country, you are quite lucky and going to other Western countries you don't have to deal with what for other people is a usual hassle.

Last edited by pin; 28-04-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Question - Have you ever travelled to India on a UK passport and then used a NZ passport for the visa on arrival thingy?
    Yes. (Aussie, not NZ though)

But the travel on the UK passport was 20 years ago and it was definitely NOT digital back then, so I was working on the theory that they probably would not know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Which passport are you submitting?
    Australian. After they rejected my application for Visa On Arrival, which was filled in IDENTICALLY to the one 2 weeks previously that was accepted.....
    wtbhotia likes this.