Like Tree19Likes

Canada - Open the doors to new Visitors

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Red face Canada - Open the doors to new Visitors

Hi. I have never been to Canada. I have heard such wonderful things about this amazing Country. I like to know more about a city in Canada - Toronto. I am interested to visit with family and also visit Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada. There is not much information available online and simple information just to plan a trip is not available which really surprises me. For example, cost for travelling from Pearson International Airport to Niagara Falls and return, offers for family for four, etc. Returning back to downtown Toronto and then back to the airport after a few nights state in Toronto. It seems everything is so expensive and hyped up about this city. Is there any information available about travel to Toronto. Two years ago I had visited Brisbane and Gold coast. I was amazed to see the amount of travel information to this place and the special offers to visit all the main attractions. There doesn't seem to be any drive to promoted tourism for people who are planning a visit for the first time. The Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong has not been helpful at all. If anyone is from Canada and can guide a first time traveller of dos and don'ts it will be so helpful to plan a trip. Thanx.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There is plenty of information and support for inexperienced travellers. From the Toronto City Pass to the Toronto Greeters.

Perhaps if you can be more specific, people might "Google that for you".

But here's a couple of things to get you started:

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/co...0071d60f89RCRD

http://www.citypass.com/toronto

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 18-05-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asethi:
    There is not much information available online.
    I use this search engine sometimes: Google

Have you tried it?

Edit: snap with Claire.
    bibbju likes this.

Hmm.. Think you need to provide us with some more details like what are you interested in, when do you plan to travel, travelling with kids/elderly etc.

Did you look at these sights? They are fairly comprehensive.
    http://www.seetorontonow.com/
    http://www.ontariotravel.net/en/home

Toronto expensive OP? Not necessarily.

It would be better to have an international driving license and rent your own car, as public transport ain't the best without a car in most of North America. That way you have more freedom and flexibility with your holiday and sightseeing schedule.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Travel sites like tripadvisor and virtualtourist give plenty of information.

Thank you all for your reply. I will go through each of the website provided by all of you. I am planning a trip with family, wife and two kids ages 12 and 14 years old. We are planing to land in Toronto and then visit Niagara Falls. We plan to stay 7 days at Niagara and 5 days in Toronto. The information which I was looking for, @ Claire you hit the bull's eye by providing the Toronto city pass experience information which I believe will be a reasonable way to explore the city and see some of the major attractions. Thank you so much for the information, it will surely be helpful for me.God bless...

What are you going to do for 7 days at Niagra falls?

7 days at Niagara Falls is way, way too long. The falls are lovely and the attractions on the Canadian side will be mildly diverting for your kids, but you'll be pulling your hair out after 3 days. Personally, I'd only spend two days/one night in Niagara Falls, maybe an extra night if you plan on heading to the American side for cheap shopping.

If you have 12 days in total and don't mind a little bit of travel I would suggest the following itinerary:

Day 1 - arrive in Toronto
    Days 2 & 3 - sightseeing in Toronto
    Day 4 - Fly (50 mins only) or drive (about 5 hours) to historic Montreal.
    Days 5, 6 & 7 - sightseeing in Montreal
    Day 8 -return to Toronto
    Day 9 - more sightseeing in Toronto
    Day 10 - hire a car and drive to Niagara Falls, spend the rest of your time there and simply drive straight to the airport for your flight.

Just my opinion, but I think you'd have a better time doing this that what you currently have planned.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Just stay in Montreal, it's easier to get around than Toronto and nicer IMO.
    If you don't want to fly or drive, there's the train and it takes about 6 hours.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast