3 hour layover Dubai

Closed Thread

3 hour layover Dubai

I'll be in Dubai for a 3 hour layover. I was wondering whether I'm allowed to go outside given the short time frame? I shall be catching up with a buddy of mine.

Searching elsewhere online bore few results.

I have a UK passport.

Check the day time, the Dubai layovers are often in the very early morning hours.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Check the day time, the Dubai layovers are often in the very early morning hours.

It's 12pm to 3pm. How's that relate to whether I'm allowed to go outside customs?

I think so, you don't need a visa. I remember that the passport check took a while. 3 hours is certainly tight.

I think so, you don't need a visa. I remember that the passport check took a while. 3 hours is certainly tight.
    Alrighty, thanks for replying

If you are flying with Emirates the immigration process will be a bit quicker but 3 hours does not leave much time.

I'd say it is doable if you just want to catch a pint with a mate though.

Not true. UK passport holders do need a visa but they're eligible for a visa on arrival so there's nothing needed to be done in advance of arrival.

The queues at Dubai airport are notoriously long (unless you have fast track - and even then it can take a while to exit the airport).

3 hours isn't long enough.