Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dankleness
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By Adore
  • 1 Post By Lazyism

has anyone been to Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town East (oct east) shenzhen?

Closed Thread

has anyone been to Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town East (oct east) shenzhen?

has anyone been to Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town East (oct east) shenzhen? is good? lets say for toddlers and kids as well as OAP?

深圳东部华侨城-国家生态旅游示范区|东部华侨城|东部 华侨城英文版官方网站-深圳东部华侨城英文版官方网站—— 假感动生活·东部华侨城

like to live in? i think it seemed nice, couple big open fields i remember as well. no idea about schools and whatnot.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    like to live in? i think it seemed nice, couple big open fields i remember as well. no idea about schools and whatnot.
    it's a resort/theme park of some sort, not a place to live, located a few miles from the sha tau kok border ( thus, accessible from NT within 30 minutes), I have been the surround yiantin area, but not this part

We went a few years ago - as I remember, it was a decent enough day out, plenty of things to do, the European/American themed stuff was quite good, and the evening show was pretty impressive...

imparanoic likes this.

But don't people live in OCT as well? I remember seeing the theme park through the trees. There actually some dudes on BMX's doing some jumps and stuff.

I was there in September 2013 so my review is dated. Everything was paid for by friends and I really have no idea how much the tickets or anything there costs.

I spent half a day there. Looking at the timestamps of my photos, it looks like just over 4 hours from entry to exit.
    A lot of attractions, shows and rides were closed. Probably a good 50% of them. The park seemed half closed. Not a lot of visitors were there either.
    I quite liked the Indiana Jones-ish water and stunt show.
    Not too many food options. KFC, a restaurant closer to the entrance and desserts and ice cream.
    Honestly, I was scared about the safety of some of the rides, specifically the cable car to the top of the mountain and the wooden roller coaster.

I wouldn't put the theme park at the top of my list of things to do in Shenzhen, but if you have a car or driver you could also head down to the beach afterwards which is just a few kilometres away.

imparanoic likes this.

We went to OCT East begin this year, via a cheap local tour.. The tea garden was nice, just a relax walk/hike through the several tea and flower beds. Tip: go at the right season to see the tea leaves bloom. We went at the wrong time, as the tea leaves were almost dead. Not a lot of people (perhaps the wrong season), so it was a nice quiet walk.

Can't comment on the theme park, as we don't trust those rides lol. The waterworld show was meh, just killing time. And as expected, a very long queue to take the cable car. Nothing interesting at the top of the hill, so we hiked to Big Buddha, which was outside the theme park.

Regarding the food, as above poster mentioned, there were not many options. We liked the food stalls outside the theme park better than the food inside.

Overall impression: been there, done that. Go again? Nope (we only went to OCT East, and not to OCT)

imparanoic likes this.