Like Tree10Likes

travel agent

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    My typical email to my travel agent takes me about 10 seconds to draft "Flights to manila on Wednesday out 9am back 8pm". the agent will hold flights until the day before travel meaning that if my plans change, I don't incur a change fee.
    The above is essential for regular business travel and don't most none-street level or travel mall agents offer this service?

It doesn't look like the OP will be back but it seemed they wanted more than a flight booking service. It would be nice to know what people would like from a travel agent that they can't get either the small offices that offer the service you suggest or the package deal centres that compete on price. Or is it a case of rose tinted glasses hoping the internet would go away and great travel agents that makes lots of commission and could afford the time to help you choose still existed?
    Last edited by East_coast; 17-06-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Two options for you

Flightcentre

Peak Travel

Skyscanner tlumps Kayak

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

That industry has changed a lot now. Airlines no longer give travel agents better fares. They only give travel agents better "terms" such as cheaper change of date penalties, cheaper cancellation charges etc... none of which you're going to benefit from if you book a holiday package.

You might get cheaper hotels through a travel agent, but booking.com can now do that too. Short of a firesale at the doorstep on the day, I doubt you'll get a cheaper hotel booking than on booking.com, because of the deals they have with the hotels.

Anyway, if you do want a good travel agent, I use supernettravel, no money saved, but there is convenience.

Last edited by Chromis; 26-06-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    Morrison likes this.