Like Tree5Likes

Shenzhen Tong 深圳通 card

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shenzhen Tong 深圳通 card

Where can I get a Shezhen Tong card for the Shenzhen Metro in Shenzhen and does it have an expiration date to it? I presume it is only effective in Shenzhen and not in other parts of the PRD?

Thanks

yahoo auctions have them,

note, not really an auction, write a message to them, forward your number for whatsapp, meet at mutual place, most likely mtr, inspect the goods, pay the cash

https://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com...8&cat=0&type=0

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...4?actsrch=srp3

As I understand it, HK MTR and Shumchun MTR *do* have a COMBINED "Octopus Card" - well I did read about it many months ago... seems you have to be in Commie China to top up the Shumchum balance though!

Me? I just use my "Old Age" card in Shumchun to enter & exit through specified gates on their MTR & travel FOR FREE!! It's legit, and I have never been challenged.

Personally, I'd take a combined card if it would allow me to use the "usual" gates in Shumchun instead of needing to seek out the "old Age Pensioner" ingress & egress gates.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    imparanoic and Open Casket like this.

I have one. You top up in SZ with rmb and in HK with HKD. The balances are kept separate from each other. It's really useful to avoid those silly queues for the tickets

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Where can I get a Shezhen Tong card for the Shenzhen Metro in Shenzhen and does it have an expiration date to it? I presume it is only effective in Shenzhen and not in other parts of the PRD?
    It may come at a surprise, you get the SZ Metro card in any metro station. And yes, it just works in SZ only. I tried in Shanghai and it doesn't work there. But I never expected such broad thinking in China anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    It may come at a surprise, you get the SZ Metro card in any metro station. And yes, it just works in SZ only. I tried in Shanghai and it doesn't work there. But I never expected such broad thinking in China anyway.
    it also doesnt work in guangzhou.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Thanks, because the Shenzhen metro web site says it is only available in certain Shenzhen metro stations: "1.This pass sells at Service Center of metro stations: Qiaocheng East Station and Bao’an Center Station on Line 1; Grand Theatre Station, Civic Center Station and Wanxia Station on Line 2; Huangbeiling Station, Minzhi Station and Fanshen Station on Line 5."

I got mine from a convenience store in shenzen . 7:11 I believe

imparanoic and huja like this.

The dual-HK/SZ Octopus cards are out of stock in Hong Kong... i've asked at several MTR stations and eventually gave up. In the end, a friend grabbed me one from ShenZhen - where they still have stock at some stations.

Apparently they cost a bit more to purchase in ShenZhen... which might be the reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast