Like Tree3Likes

solo traveller

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I travel solo often, most recently to Harbin, South Korea, Japan and the UK. I just prepare myself, espc with maps and phrases and keep eyes in the back and sides of my head. So far, so good. Staying in hostels, i meet a lot of interesting people from all corners of the world. I enjoy it because there are things I want to do and my husband doesn't or he just isn't interested in going there. This time, I stayed in London in a Uni College dorm. Has my own room, very clean and quiet but also had communal bathroom and kitchen, which was handy. Plus, it was cheaper than staying sharing a dorm in a hostel. I will travel alone after this holiday in Sweden ( with the family) to Italy.

Spencer. likes this.

Sweden...i miss this place! (but not the winter time of Sweden...haha)

I have been wanting to visit Europe and US and have been looking. Too bad that most friends of mine are not keen and they don't want to spend much. They would visit Korea / Japan again and again and not thinking about somewhere new and farther. Ugh ! That's why I am seeking you guys' advice about solo travel.

I've been traveling alone for as long as I can remember! It's the best way to get more of what you want done, and the best way to meet and interact with locals!