Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chingleutsch
  • 1 Post By Cho-man

China Visa Issuing Offcials

Closed Thread

China Visa Issuing Offcials

Not sure why people are supportive of China resources building immigration officers. They are exceptionally rude. Back around 2008/2009 they were appalling. It was as if they didn't want people to visit China. In recent years I was very suprised to see they had really improved. Went today however and they are back to their obnoxious ways. the lady screamed at me to the point that I was flustered and shaking. When I asked her name she refused to tell me. I asked to see her supervisor to which she refused again. After this very traumatic debacle I managed to locate the supervisor. Whilst I was explaining the situation he said " it's counter 5 isn't it". Obviously other complaints were made. I will admit that they are better but the are still some really nasty people there ( not unlike the immigration tower). In response to the post on the HK UK embassy I have always found them very polite unless you are rude first. they have clean bathrooms, baby changing areas and hot water for baby milk despite it not being necessary to have your baby with you whilst registering for a passport. In contrast at the immigration tower i was forced to have my 3 month old baby present for 6 hours whilst his visa was processed and I do not think anyone would disagree that the bathrooms there are squalid. The only people I can imagine that are satisfied with the abusive immigration staff are employees.

Quote Originally Posted by andypybus:
    Not sure why people are supportive of China resources building immigration officers. They are exceptionally rude. Back around 2008/2009 they were appalling. It was as if they didn't want people to visit China. In recent years I was very suprised to see they had really improved. Went today however and they are back to their obnoxious ways. the lady screamed at me to the point that I was flustered and shaking. When I asked her name she refused to tell me. I asked to see her supervisor to which she refused again. After this very traumatic debacle I managed to locate the supervisor. Whilst I was explaining the situation he said " it's counter 5 isn't it". Obviously other complaints were made. I will admit that they are better but the are still some really nasty people there ( not unlike the immigration tower). In response to the post on the HK UK embassy I have always found them very polite unless you are rude first. they have clean bathrooms, baby changing areas and hot water for baby milk despite it not being necessary to have your baby with you whilst registering for a passport. In contrast at the immigration tower i was forced to have my 3 month old baby present for 6 hours whilst his visa was processed and I do not think anyone would disagree that the bathrooms there are squalid. The only people I can imagine that are satisfied with the abusive immigration staff are employees.
    They aren't penalized and don't face any other consequences for poor treatment of applicants, so naturally, they have no incentive to improve.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 09-07-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Not sure either why Andypybus was so keen either to resurrect a 2 year old thread, orwhat the confusion is between HK Immigration officials and mainland MoFA clerks. Maybe that both sets of people work in Wanchai??

I take it you are an employee!

Certainly I am employed, but not by either the HK or mainland governments

I happen to agree with your assessment of the attitude of the MoFA clerks, but have never had anything but courteous service from the HK ImmD officers (am quite happy to accept that this might at least be in part because I am both caucasian and a Cantonese speaker).

imparanoic likes this.