Like Tree21Likes

Best sunrise and sunset spots

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This spot nearby Kennedy Town is nice https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@22.2...3,18.75z?hl=en

When we lived on Lamma we used to stroll down to a little beach and watch the sunset. That was nice with a beer in hand.Name:  FB_IMG_1438150304458.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  144.9 KBName:  FB_IMG_1438150299508.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  52.0 KB

Spencer. likes this.

Sunrises, IMHO, are best watched in Xinjiang, or at least Qinghai, where because of China's insistance on having a single time zone, the day starts at a Respectable Hour (instead of just after I've gone to bed).

One of the newer good sunset spots in HK is the upper platform of the northbound bus interchange on Tuen Mun Rd - you watch the sun sink over the sea between Lantau and Castle Peak.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Sunset - The top deck of the 962 bus (or any other bus going to Tuen Mun). There are some wonderful views over Lantau with the sun setting behind it and also if the sun sets later, by Castle Peak as you go along the freeway. If sunset coincides with a traffic jam. so much the better as you get more ability to compose photos.

Sunrise is not bad from the top of Lantau Peak or Sunset Peak.

dumbdonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Sunset - The top deck of the 962 bus (or any other bus going to Tuen Mun).
    Haha I'll remember that for my anniversary.
    HK_Katherine and bookblogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Sunset - The top deck of the 962 bus (or any other bus going to Tuen Mun).
    It's just a shame that you only have 12 minutes door-to-door to appreciate it.
    TheBrit and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    It's just a shame that you only have 12 minutes door-to-door to appreciate it.
    Didn't you read her post? The 962 bus has sunset synced traffic jams.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

It's a long way - but Long Kwu Tan between Black Point and Castle Peak Power Stations. Or if you're coming from the North (Yuen Long), then from the villages on the N.E. side of the landfill (it's annoying that - from what I could find - those two segments of road don't connect through the landfill).

Otherwise, +1 for the Tai O suggestion. You can sip your G&T from the Heritage Hotel restaurant (mind you, the building itself partially blocks your sunset view).