Like Tree26Likes

Beware Agoda "Mystery Deals"

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I use Agoda & more recently Trip Advisor. In addition to the ranking number, I always take the time to read through several dozen comments (both good and bad) regarding the hotel. I also take note of who is making the comments (what country they are from and their rating history). I usually do pretty well selecting hotels with this method.

Dont rely on "stars" or some number system. Take the time and read through all the reviews from past patrons.

TheBrit and Natfixit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Yes - I was on my way to Perth. Got back yesterday. And as you can tell from the lack of comments, was damn busy in Perth!

EDIT - PS - Agoda and Booking.com are sister companies. FYI. I used to know someone who worked at them.
    Sister companies makes no difference. Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental H&R, Indigo Suites are all the same company ( for which I used to work for for a number of years) and serivce differs. ( speaking from experience this trip in Singapore.)

FYI, first class lounge does not mean better food, drinks or service either. ;-)) ( I prefer The Bridge or The Cabin.)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4