Tung Chung line

Closed Thread

Tung Chung line

For those commuting during rush hour from Tung Chung to Hong Kong station on the MTR on the Tung Chung line, how are the crowds and waits for a regular commute?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    For those commuting during rush hour from Tung Chung to Hong Kong station on the MTR on the Tung Chung line, how are the crowds and waits for a regular commute?

Thanks
    During the peak hours, you won't get seat if you are getting on the train from Sunny bay. If you are lucky you can get seat from Lai King.

During peak hours, train is normally running at 5-8 minutes interval from Lantau and 3-4 minutes from Tsing Yi.

During peak hours, some trains only do HK to tsing yi station. So the frequency with Tung Chung is less.

I only know the 4:30 pm one that goes to Tsing Yi only. Otherwise, peak hour TC trains are every two to 6 mins. Crowded but not like the Tsuen Wan or Island lines. Forget about getting a sear, as long as you can get on the train is all that matters. I take the TC line often because the Mui Wo ferry is not a regular, even if I have to pay for parking. So far, regardless of getting a sear or not, it has not been overcrowded like you are wedged in a an afterthought...

A good alternative might be bus E11.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Thanks

I gave waited 9 to 10 minutes from kowloon station to tung chung during the non rush hour, only the spur lines of lok ma chau and apparently the locals park are longer

TC line is one of the better lines actually in terms of crowds. Yes, during rush hour you won't find a seat, but in terms of crowd its really not as bad as other lines.

Another thing us that not all trains make it to TC, some terminate in TsingYi.
    though frequency is good

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I gave waited 9 to 10 minutes from kowloon station to tung chung during the non rush hour, only the spur lines of lok ma chau and apparently the locals park are longer
    I use the Next Train app to avoid this issue. Very useful app!