Very short trip to China (Late December)

Closed Thread

Very short trip to China (Late December)

Hi

my friend will be in town from US and would like to take a short trip (1-3 days) to China. Where are the places you would recommend and where can I find more info about guided tours and all?

Thanks

where in China? Shanghai, Beijing?

Would be great for somewhere close in Canton / nearby province .... preferably something different from HK big city

Thanks!

I'd say Macau-Zhongshan-Zuhai would be a good 3 day trip.
    Or maybe the town where Bruce Lee's ancestors come from... there's a Bruce Lee theme park there. Jayinhongkong would know

http://www.china.org.cn/english/photo/190479.htm

Last edited by Eddy Mundo; 14-10-2008 at 01:34 AM.

If they want scenery and a mixture of outdoors ,touristy goodies and such ,Yangshuo (Guilin) IMHO can't be beat ! check flight schedules with KA- usually good times unlike other stupid flight schedules for weekends ex HK! NB they will need China visas though ...oh wait ....December -hmmm- a bit cool - but most of China will be I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    I'd say Macau-Zhongshan-Zuhai would be a good 3 day trip.
    Or maybe the town where Bruce Lee's ancestors come from... there's a Bruce Lee theme park there. Jayinhongkong would know

Bruce Lee's Legacy Honored with Theme Park -- china.org.cn
    Last edited by Miss P; 14-10-2008 at 04:33 AM.

Yangshuo is a Great suggestion!!

I agree - Fly to Guilin and stay in Guilin (good quality hotels) and take a cruise down the Li River to Yangshou - it's pretty awsome although still polluted, which is a shame because the views of the spikey mountains are amazing.