Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey
  • 1 Post By timolee2012
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

the best weather to visit Melbourne

Closed Thread

the best weather to visit Melbourne

i am planning to have a trip to Melbourne in Apr 2016. I am wondering if it is the best season, any advice? Can anyone share some famous place for sightseeing as well? Thanks in advance!

sometime is it 10-12 in the morning and sometimes it is 4-6pm. really, depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    sometime is it 10-12 in the morning and sometimes it is 4-6pm. really, depends on the day.
    sorry i cant get the picture well, what is 11-12?

Quote Originally Posted by timolee2012:
    i am planning to have a trip to Melbourne in Apr 2016. I am wondering if it is the best season, any advice? Can anyone share some famous place for sightseeing as well? Thanks in advance!
    You're going to make much, much more progress here:
    Melbourne Tourism: Best of Melbourne, Australia - TripAdvisor
    timolee2012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    thanks for your information, really helpful for my planning=)
    dumbdonkey likes this.

bring a heavy coat if you are going to see the penguins
    bring a heavy coat if you are going to the beach
    wear thongs when you are in the city
    wear a scarf to the footy

April could be a bit hit and miss, and it can be quite cold during that time of year.

Best time of year to go would be during Melbournes Spring, September onwards leading up to summer, and during summer, both are great times of the year. You also have the Royal Melbourne Show on which is great to attend if you have children, the AFL grand final, the sweet smell of blossom in the air and nice pleasant weather in the low to mid 20's. My fave time of the year to spend in Melb, besides summer and the surf coast .

As far as sight seeing goes..

Places to visit:

The Dandenong ranges, enjoy a cottage pie or tea and scones at Miss Marples in Sassafras
    Luna Park
    St Kilda Beach
    The Queen Victoria Market ( Saturday before lunch is best )
    The Surf Coast, ie Lorne, Apollo Bay
    The Fitzroy Gardens
    Captain cooks cottage
    Take a walk along the banks of the Yarra River
    Visit St Ali in South Melbourne for some of the best coffee in the world.
    Definitely visit Historical Williamstown, preferably on a sunny weekend which pre dates Melbourne, a 20 minute train ride from the Flinders Street station.

I should ask how long you are staying in Melbourne before i get too carried away with offering suggestions...

Last edited by Skyhook; 23-09-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    timolee2012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    April could be a bit hit and miss, and it can be quite cold during that time of year.

Best time of year to go would be during Melbournes Spring, September onwards leading up to summer, and during summer, both are great times of the year. You also have the Royal Melbourne Show on which is great to attend if you have children, the AFL grand final, the sweet smell of blossom in the air and nice pleasant weather in the low to mid 20's. My fave time of the year to spend in Melb, besides summer and the surf coast .

As far as sight seeing goes..

Places to visit:

The Dandenong ranges, enjoy a cottage pie or tea and scones at Miss Marples in Sassafras
    Luna Park
    St Kilda Beach
    The Queen Victoria Market ( Saturday before lunch is best )
    The Surf Coast, ie Lorne, Apollo Bay
    The Fitzroy Gardens
    Captain cooks cottage
    Take a walk along the banks of the Yarra River
    Visit St Ali in South Melbourne for some of the best coffee in the world.
    Definitely visit Historical Williamstown, preferably on a sunny weekend which pre dates Melbourne, a 20 minute train ride from the Flinders Street station.

I should ask how long you are staying in Melbourne before i get too carried away with offering suggestions...
    Your information is useful, thank you
    i am planning to stay for 10 days =)