Like Tree276Likes

Express Rail Link - Kowloon - Futian - Shenzhen North

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

Is MTR getting 100% of the the fair when going HK - chinese city? I thought on those trips CTS is also getting a cut, so why is it that they cannot apply the same profit sharing arrangement to all other destinations as well ?

From a customer service point of view it would make much more sense if you could buy all the tickets from the same counter, and MTR/CTS then handle the administrative part by themselves in the background.

Well, I'm excited to try this - I enjoyed my staycation at the 4 Seasons in Futian the last time I went a few months ago and dont mind the small premium for a much easier journey for me from HK Island. What might be interesting is whether I will use it after the HungHom-Admiralty extension opens when it'll be really easy for me to get the 'old' train, especially given the frequency of this service. If I recall correctly the 2 stops from Lok Ma Chau to Futian on the China side was CNY2 and was really easy/good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    So I ended up taking the train from West Kowloon to Futian. It took 13mins and 39 seconds from start to stop. I took the 12:00 train and arrived at the terminal at 11:15. Immigration was fast, no line ups, but the machine for the fingerprints had problems and I had to go through a different lane which took a little bit of time.

The return trip was 12mins and 48 seconds but the immigration was much longer. We did take the last train from Cuts in so maybe that was a reason.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Well, I'm excited to try this - I enjoyed my staycation at the 4 Seasons in Futian the last time I went a few months ago and dont mind the small premium for a much easier journey for me from HK Island. What might be interesting is whether I will use it after the HungHom-Admiralty extension opens when it'll be really easy for me to get the 'old' train, especially given the frequency of this service. If I recall correctly the 2 stops from Lok Ma Chau to Futian on the China side was CNY2 and was really easy/good.
    I recall seeing plans for configuring the existing lines Tung Chung and West Rail lines with a new Northern Link extended into Futian with joint immigration in Futian Station

Central - Kowloon - Tsuen Wan West - Kam Sheung Road - Futian

Train time would of been a little longer but journey time for most Hong Konger's going to Futian would of been shorter and obviously the cost was a fraction of the cost of the HSR.

I suspect HK will soon forget the terrible waste of money on a vanity project.

Another article on this clusterf**k slow white elephant:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/09/2...anywhere-else/

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    There's a direct bus from Admiralty to Kowloon West. It may be useful for you.

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/en/uploade...ng.pdf?noembed

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Another article on this clusterf**k slow white elephant:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/09/2...anywhere-else/
    I don't understand why the article says it would take 30 mins or longer to Futian or Shenzhen North. From start to stop it was under 14 mins. My first train was delayed by 12 mins but my returning train was on time

Can you buy a non-reserved seat ticket on the train, and just show up and jump on the next available train? Kind of sucks if you need to plan ahead which specific train you will take, instead of just going there and jumping on the next departing one.

Original Post Deleted
    At 16 passengers per train paying say $300 and a running cost of much more than this it is going to take a while to pay back the ever growing principle.

I am sure passenger numbers will pick-up over time as people change their habits.

But the 80,000 per day forecast and the 200,000 per day immigration capacity are looking a little embarrassing numbers to of been floated so publically.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast