Like Tree276Likes

Express Rail Link - Kowloon - Futian - Shenzhen North

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I've used the train Futian quite a few times. I believe they are 8 carriages long. They seem to put passengers in the 1st and last carriage and work to the middle when selling tickets. Each time I have used it there seems tobe 6 empty carriages. One poster did suggest that buying too much rolling stock was a good thing - never quite worked that out.

I can't see how with such frequencies they are covering operating costs.

It will fill-up over time but such mammoth levels of waste by the executive branch is disappointing to see
    The train to Futian is China's rolling stock. It's not related to our executive branch. Too bad you haven't figured that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    The train to Futian is China's rolling stock. It's not related to our executive branch. Too bad you haven't figured that out yet.
    OK, China's executive Branch wasting money on rolling stock and HK executive wasting money of so many platforms from day 1. Still can't see how operating costs are being covered.

And here we go, like Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, HZMB and many more.. Spectecular record of consistent failures..

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/189617/

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    And here we go, like Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, HZMB and many more.. Spectecular record of consistent failures..

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/189617/
    This is different. This is the old slower-speed service into Hung Hom. The original plan was actually to reroute them onto the XRL tracks to the West Kowloon Terminus but I guess they've just thrown in the towel.
    alexdown, ndt and blandy62 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    EHR...no. depends on where in GZ you had to go, anyway. My office was in Tianhe, and the fastest way was *always* the "slow" train. High speed stops in Panyu, takes another hour to go to the city...also, most white trains from sz stop in all stations along the way..
    On the HK side, you lived somewhere up in the NT then maybe..but if you were in Kowloon or the island (=10mins taxi to hunghom), then no way...

Plus, if you took the late afternoon train back to HK, it was operated on the old China railway stock with a dining car...always go for the soy sauce chicken drumsticks and a mug of beer with colleagues.

HK-Canton-through-train FTW...sad to see it going. But alas, "progress"
    blandy62 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    HA

Original Post Deleted
    A close MTR contact was adamant that there were always plans to maintain both as they catered to a different market segment, but also represented different commercial (ownership) interests. Of course that was pre-Covid, and over the last two years, reality might have kicked in. I'm reaching out for further comment!

I would be sad to see this go. Not so much for HK/GZ, for which the waning pax # speak for themselves, but the BJ/SH connection, which I used often. At a minimum I hope those are maintained, although it means maintaining an entire immigration area for essentially one train daily.

Mind you, in each of BJ/SH, that's essentially what's been happening for years...