Bangkok Peninsula, weekend of 7 Nov, all for $3k!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Indeed that was exactly my thought - how can there NOT be just another person who fancies a getaway to somewhere exotic and stay in the Pen, all for less than what you pay for a night of hotel in London?!

Alas, 4 of the 6 friends that I asked have got visitors in town that very weekend - and that's before you told me the same MovingIn07!

Just for info, me and Jimbo are paying about $3,700 after tax, and they were asking for $6,300 if you're travelling alone....

Let's keep searching for that fourth person then shall we?

You are right! This single traveller surcharge is really outrageous!!!! Nearly double the price of the trip. Okay I must really find someone to share!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    they were asking for $6,300 if you're travelling alone....
    Wow, Thats the price of my package deal for Phuket + Bangkok (7 days) for next month 11/16.

I am definitely interested. When exactly would we leave and return? Need to confirm with work, but should be a go!

I am new to HK. I moved here five weeks ago. Looking for friends to travel with.

Quote Originally Posted by srpbflo:
    I am definitely interested. When exactly would we leave and return? Need to confirm with work, but should be a go!

I am new to HK. I moved here five weeks ago. Looking for friends to travel with.
    Hiya, the travel schedule is:

Depart from HK at 4pm on the Friday (7 Nov) - so we only need to take half a day off!! Arriving at 5.50pm.

Coming back on Sunday at 7pm (the latest flight available with the package). Back in HK at 10.45pm.

May I also suggest you have a word with elodie (she's on this thread)? Last I heard she's still looking for someone to share a room with, just so that she wouldn't have to pay the "single traveller penalty"!
    Last edited by ScotchDrinker; 26-10-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Srpbflo, you don't need a visa for Thailand.

Elodie and Srpbflo, have PM'ed you both.

Hey ScotchDrinker

Can you pm me the details as well please, I have left it late but i am keen on coming as well.

Kieran

Quote Originally Posted by kieran1983:
    Hey ScotchDrinker

Can you pm me the details as well please, I have left it late but i am keen on coming as well.

Kieran
    Kieran, the details are all on here:

Package Details - City Chic - Take-A-Break - Value Bangkok Package - The Peninsula Bangkok - Cathay Pacific Holidays - Dragonair Holidays - Your holiday package travel agent

As for our departure and return time, see my previous post.

There's someone else who just PM'ed me (a bloke as well) expressing interest - so there you have your roommate already! No single traveller penalty!!

WOW this trip sounds like a great idea!

Who all is going? guys, gals, weirdos? ages?

And what do you all plan on doing while you are there?

and RCA is very cool place!

Quote Originally Posted by li_wong_bao:
    WOW this trip sounds like a great idea!

Who all is going? guys, gals, weirdos? ages?

And what do you all plan on doing while you are there?

and RCA is very cool place!
    Weirdos? Well done mate, you've charmed and befriended us all already.

Don't think you're actually interested in joining, but to answer your question quickly: boys and girls, young but not too young. As for what our plans are, you'll find out if you're actually coming along.