View Poll Results: Best place for a long weekend?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seoul

9 40.91%
  • Taipei

13 59.09%
Like Tree21Likes

Seoul v Taipei

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Your opinion is wrong. The food in Taipei is world class. If you ate consistently bad food, that's entirely your fault.
    Your opinion is wrong. The food in Taipei Is garbage. If you ate good food there you are probably Chinese, were a tourist or like things like rat and snake.

I would vote for Seoul. My wife and I love it there as the food is delicious. Nice parks, shopping centres, and easy metro system.

When we went to Taiwan, it just didn't impress us as much as Seoul

Natfixit likes this.

Taipei - closer, cheaper, easier and you can still have decent Korean food if needed in Taipei.

TPE, but skip the night markets, Hualien is 2 hours with the express trains but nothing much there

Taipei FTW. Closer and cheaper. People are way more hospitable and friendly. Know someone who was skeptical about Taipei but came back loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastside_gweilo:
    I have lived in both cities and for a visit I think Seoul is much better. In my opinion a lot of the food available in Taipei is not very good. Also Hualien is a long way from Taipei (maybe 5 hours). I think for a weekend though both cities could be a lot of fun, you just need to find the right places for you.
    Incredibly inaccurate for someone who claims to have lived there. It is between 2h and 2:30 on the puyuma trains which run at least once an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Incredibly inaccurate for someone who claims to have lived there. It is between 2h and 2:30 on the puyuma trains which run at least once an hour.
    Well, he said may be..

Don't be a may be
    Last edited by Morrison; 26-01-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Seoul for me. But it is bloody freezing there at the moment, plus it's fairly difficult to book flights for a weekend trip. You might find it hard to fly back on the Sunday evening.

Taipei... Hands down. Seoul is too cold to explore, found the people to be more rude and pushy. And aside from eating and shopping I wasn't as impressed. Taipei I keep going to because food is great and cheap, people are friendly and helpful and lots to see and do to keep you occupied.

Original Post Deleted
    My husband and I were not impressed and we are quite open minded when it comes to food. I am vegetarian, so found it hard to find veggie only food. Hygiene....ugh.