View Poll Results: Best place for a long weekend?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seoul

9 40.91%
  • Taipei

13 59.09%
Like Tree21Likes

Seoul v Taipei

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    bangkok, hanoi, ho chi ming city are also very good
    I think Nha Trang would be good for a family with children. Very laid back, lots of good places to walk to, good beaches and places to eat. Hanoi is chaotic and Ho Chi Minh...hmmm. Been there, didn't see anything really for children. Bangkok also been there. I found the place stressful. Being hassled by touts an all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    My wife and I are taking advantage of some kindly relatives and are planning to escape from Hong Kong for a long weekend without the kids for the first time.
    1 character

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    bangkok, hanoi, ho chi ming city are also very good
    Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    What the heck! Just skip the cold and head to .....SINGAPORE!!!! Something for everyone, heh? Yauh Mouh ?
    I work in Singapore a lot and we've both done Bangkok before. We also have a redemption deal for the hotel and there aren't any good ones available in Vietnam, so we narrowed it down to Seoul and Taipei.

Though I do fancy a trip to Ho Chi Minh at least, if not Hanoi as well, in the not too distant future.

Original Post Deleted
    Nha Trang is still a good place to go for a couple of adults. Restaurants are very good. If you are a seafood eater, you can just buy your food on the roadside, where hawkers put up their adhoc dai pai dongs and they cook it for you. I don't know of anyone where has been sick yet, but we didn't get ill. I cannot eat seafood anyway, so ate the usual omelette thingy.

BTW, Stu79, my comment about Singapore was meant to be tongue in cheek.....

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:

BTW, Stu79, my comment about Singapore was meant to be tongue in cheek.....
    Ha ha, not a bad suggestion though for a weekend away. Just would feel like a busman's holiday as I'm there every month or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Well then guess what...it's 2016.
    You remind me of a growth I once had.

Y has no one mentioned Manila? Seems close enough, big enough, English enough...any downsides?

Or other PI location, perhaps Angeles City via direct flight from HKG.

Because Manila is a dive

chris_yang22, East_coast and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Because Manila is a dive
    Manila is a pervert's paradise for fat aging expats. But much worse is Phnom Penh. I was in PP for 5 days last week and there were enough old white guys with young ladies to make me puke. Seems these places attract lone balding potbellied travelers.

Manila is a dive but still more interesting than Seoul. I spent 3 days in Binondo last Nov after a conference just walking around taking pictures. I am a history buff and an amateur architectural photographer and the older parts of Manila have a lot to offer.
    Last edited by jonastainine; 05-03-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5