KA to BA interline - PVG experiences

Closed Thread

KA to BA interline - PVG experiences

Have already posted on Flyertalk, but was wondering what experiences here have been.

Just, want to check, can KA interline with BA at PVG?

I think I am right in understanding at PVG you need to clear immigration anyway, but I thought KA would be able to check bags all the way through.

Back story is my folks are flying HKG-LHR via PVG (ticket price was substantially cheaper going this way then a direct flight to LHR). HKG-PVG is with KA and PVG to LHR is with BA. Same ticket and PNR all the way through.

They have just checked in with KA at Hong Kong airport and have been told their bags have only been checked in to PVG, where they will have to clear immigration, collect their bags and then check them in again with BA. They told me that the lady at the counter said KA could not see their BA flight information and in any case were not able to check them in all the way to London.

Is the above an accurate description of thru check-in at PVG?

Thanks in advance.

who knows.
    But if they can't see their online flight, they would need to show a visa before leaving for big China.
    strange

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    who knows.
    But if they can't see their online flight, they would need to show a visa before leaving for big China.
    strange
    My parents checked in online for their PVG-LHR flight without problem. They have all their booking confirmations, etc to show they have the same flight, etc. When they went onto the KA website yesterday, it showed both their flights.

In any case they would be OK cause I presume the 72hr transit visa thing would kick in???

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    In any case they would be OK cause I presume the 72hr transit visa thing would kick in???
    Tell your parent to head for the 72Hour Visa free transit counter to get the visa 1st, dont just go to the normal immigration counters as the website below.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/emb...a/free-72hour/

yeah, no worries. Was just startled because you wrote KA can't see their BA flight info.

Last edited by Morrison; 05-04-2016 at 02:51 PM.