Like Tree7Likes

Visiting Kat O

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Not sure if we are allowed to mention commercial names here....

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin3:
    Not sure if we are allowed to mention commercial names here....
    I dont see why not, when its not part of blatant advertising but actually part of a conversation.

These guys (or I should say this guy) offers tours to Kat O - is he the one you were thinking of?
    Double Haven islands tour

yes actually, but this tour Hakka Culture of Double Haven

so that's an option...

imparanoic likes this.

I had no idea he had 2 different domains along with a meetup group.

I know the guy and he does a nice business offering tours. He is fully licensed and goes all over the place showing unique places in Hong Kong to visitors and locals alike.

Doing it yourself will be costly. You can join them but as Trans said, you can also join local hiking groups that go there semi-regularly

There is one other choice (who'se names I cant remember) : there are a few local tour groups that do boat tours. All in Cantonese, loudspeakers on 100% of the time, cheap lunch included. You can join one of them to visit many of the far-flung areas similar to Kat O

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I organised a trip their with my hiking group. We got a boat from Wong Shek and was 120$ per head. There is plenty of hiking to last a good day as we only did a small route on the north eastern side and took us a good 3 hours due to it being pretty over grown. I will be organising another trip to there and Tung Pung Chau next month. I am not going to mention the hiking group otherwise rhis post will just get deleted but its not a meetup group and its not commercial either.
    Ahhh! I'll have to keep an eye out! Not sure if there is a good snorkeling point off of Kat O, but plenty of corals in the area generally. Would love to snorkel again at Tung Ping Chau -- those corals were amazing! (As well as the atmosphere there...) I really love these trips -- thanks for organizing!

Howard, yes the guy's various trips do look good. I simply hesitate because he is commercial rather than a possibly cheaper hobby/hiking group if I can find one....

I dug out the name of one of those local companies : 首頁

There are 2-3 more of these, ask a local friend to help you translate and find others. Very reasonably priced tours to all sorts of far flung locations.

The guy doing adventuretours/hikingtours will also do custom tours. One option (to make things a bit cheaper) is to get in touch with him and find out total cost for the day for a custom trip and then invite a few friends to come along and share the costs...

True, but that required reliable friends. In 21st century nobody seems to commit to doing anything until moments before, as constant connectivity means you don't need to settle plans.

True, but that required reliable friends. In 21st century nobody seems to commit to doing anything until moments before, as constant connectivity means you don't need to settle plans.
    Easily sorted. Ditch unreliable friends and find better ones.

Reliability increases exponentially in proportion to the collection of high enough deposits earlier in the process