Now that I have my multiple entry China visa, I'd like to go and hike up Wu Tong Shan (Ng Tung Shan) in Shenzhen. Anybody done it?
I'm planning my route based on this sketch map (!) together with opencyclemap/google maps/baidu maps:
Hiking Trekking Hong Kong Adventurer, Wu Tong Shan (
It appears there are at least 5 ways up, in clockwise order:
- A road from the west side.
- The red trail on the sketch starting at the same place as the road.
- Some other red trail from the east.
- Purple trail referred to as Bi Tong Dao (???) to the south.
- Purple trail referred to as Ling Yun Dao (???) to the SW.
I plan to go up one trail and down another, anybody have recommendations for the most scenic/enjoyable routes with manageable logistics? (Yes, I said scenic, but in reality I'm mentally prepared for the circus up there.)
It appears the path to the south ends close to the Sha Tau Kok border crossing (~3km), though the final road down is probably not very pedestrian friendly. Is it possible to end the hike by just walking to the border and crossing back into HK?