Like Tree10Likes

A more direct way to Strasbourg?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm thinking of going to Strasbourg at the end of year, for personal reasons.

I've visited a few online flight sites and the most direct method is have a connecting flight at Amsterdam. Call me awkward, but I just don't want to fly further west and then having to double back to Strasbourg.

I've been looking for other destinations I can fly from HK direct to, and then find a connecting flight. Seems like Milan is out of the question.

Does anyone know if I can fly direct from HK to Zurich, Stuttgart or even Frankfurt and catch a direct coach to Strabourg?

You can fly direct to Frankfurt via Lufthansa or Cathay. The airport has a train station, so it's only 2 hrs to Strasbourg from there. No connecting flight needed. If you book 3 months in advance, train tickets will be very cheap. You can book your train ticket here.

https://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/

Proplus likes this.

I'll second the train from Frankfurt - strange to find myself agreeing with civil_servant... We did it a couple of years ago and it was a very pleasant, affordable and civilised way to travel.

Proplus likes this.

Thanks for this information. Do the trains run 24/7?

Errrr.... My German is non existent, which Frankfurt station is the one at the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:

Errrr.... My German is non existent, which Frankfurt station is the one at the airport?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran...stance_station
    Proplus likes this.

Ditto Frankfurt. The Germans speak better English than most Americans. In fact when I ask questions in German while in Germany, the reply usually comes back to me in English. Should be as easy as any travel is these days. Bon voyage.

Proplus, shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

You have to choose this option:

Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf -> Strasbourg

Not many trains during the night and the ones that go take much longer.

Double ditto the Frankfurt route. We did it a couple of years ago, to visit the Christmas markets in Strasbourg on the way to our french house. Excellent trip.

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    You have to choose this option:

Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf -> Strasbourg

Not many trains during the night and the ones that go take much longer.
    Thanks for that, the flights to Frankfurt normally land around 5-6am, so I'm guessing the trains will start to be more frequent in the morning.

Is the station at the airport a bit of a distance away? From that site, it says that there's a bus 61 that I'll need to take to get to the train station.

Thanks for that, the flights to Frankfurt normally land around 5-6am, so I'm guessing the trains will start to be more frequent in the morning.

Is the station at the airport a bit of a distance away? From that site, it says that there's a bus 61 that I'll need to take to get to the train station.
    If you land at T1 you just walk there, 300 meters. If you land at T2, there's shuttle bus. Just look for the train sign. Trains will be frequent in the morning as Germans use them for their commute.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast