Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By Open Casket

Huanggang Border Crossing Taxi Availability at 4:30-5:30AM

olm

Huanggang Border Crossing Taxi Availability at 4:30-5:30AM

Does anyone have experience with getting a cab on the Shenzhen side of the Huanggang 24-hour Border Crossing at around 4:30AM-5:30AM on a weekday (I know there's a taxi stand across a footbridge near there)? If so, was it easy? Did you experience long queues or were there sufficient taxis at the stand?

Trying to cross the border around that time and make it to Shenzhen North Station for another early-morning train. Thanks!

Most, if not all, taxis in China (and HK) run 24/7. Engine probably never gets cold.

At such a major spot I am sure getting a taxi will be easy.

And get early to the station, getting a ticket can take easily 30-60 Minutes.

imparanoic likes this.

olm

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Most, if not all, taxis in China (and HK) run 24/7. Engine probably never gets cold.

At such a major spot I am sure getting a taxi will be easy.

And get early to the station, getting a ticket can take easily 30-60 Minutes.
    Thanks! Actually the ticketing counter opens at 6AM so going aiming to get there a bit earlier than that.

Would love to hear more accounts from others about taxi availability as well!

I've done it a lot, no problems. Taxis & unlicensed drivers will be waiting....

Have you bought your train ticket yet? I've had a couple bad experiences showing up at SZ north station only to have all the tickets sold out.

flameproof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    Have you bought your train ticket yet? I've had a couple bad experiences showing up at SZ north station only to have all the tickets sold out.
    I took the GaoTie a few times, never saw an empty seat. Booking a ticket in advance is essential.

olm

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    I've done it a lot, no problems. Taxis & unlicensed drivers will be waiting....

Thanks! Already bought the tickets, just planning logistics of getting to the station so early. I've gone through Huanggang before but that was close to noon (and plenty of cabs) but just nervous since I'll be arriving the wee hours of the morning this time around.