Like Tree37Likes

Uber X Survey

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I often take it to the airport, every time cheaper than a taxi and every time can fit two standard suitcases in the boot which a HK crown taxi struggles with. I got a Honda Fit the other day and even that was better handling my luggage than the crown taxis.
    I don't get the issue with this. Sure, taxis need to use an elastic rope to secure the boot with multiple suitcases in the back but that has no effect on you as a passenger right? Are there any recorded instances of suitcases falling out of the back of a taxi when secured in this manner?

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No

I use Uber X quite a lot. The cars are clean and don't smell of stale smoke, B.O. or unidentifiable foodstuffs and you don't get driven by some tutting, huffing grumpy c**t. Usually cheaper than Taxis as well. Works well around Kowloon, patchy in the NT.

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No
    4. No

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    I don't get the issue with this. Sure, taxis need to use an elastic rope to secure the boot with multiple suitcases in the back but that has no effect on you as a passenger right? Are there any recorded instances of suitcases falling out of the back of a taxi when secured in this manner?
    I've passed quite a few suitcases over the years splattered across the highway either on the way to or back from the airport. Just like anything falling from or off a vehicle here, no one cares.
    rickyross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Has anyone had any success with Uber (of any type) in the NT? I will use them when they come here....
    Co-signed, not everyone lives on HK island

OP, Uber is falling behind traditional taxis because there aren't many drivers, the scope of the service is far too small and they're fucking up big time in the news. On parts of the island it's hard to find a ride, and in districts where Uber cars are common there's bound to be other modes of transportation, so why waste my time trying to find a ride with Uber when there's a taxi right in front of me when I'm in Central?
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Noted. Mental note to self not to buy suitcases that melt when they get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    It's not that big a deal but just pointing out among all the other main reasons, even small things like a taxi cant even fit two suitcases is what pushes me more and more towards uber, The real main reasons I take uber these days are 1) Cheaper than a taxi (X without surge), 2) I enjoy cleaner cars, 3) Enjoy a bit of variety and being picked up in a Tesla, Audi, Honda, Toyota, etc (part of the 'fun is seeing what kind of car you get), 4) drivers are always friendlier and helpful, 5) The GPS tracking so you know exactly where the car is while you wait for it, and other reasons people have listed.
    shri, jmbf, rickyross and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Has anyone had any success with Uber (of any type) in the NT? I will use them when they come here....
    Yes but only before 7:15 after that to much peak pricing

The NT is pretty large area...

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    It's not that big a deal but just pointing out among all the other main reasons, even small things like a taxi cant even fit two suitcases is what pushes me more and more towards uber, The real main reasons I take uber these days are 1) Cheaper than a taxi (X without surge), 2) I enjoy cleaner cars, 3) Enjoy a bit of variety and being picked up in a Tesla, Audi, Honda, Toyota, etc (part of the 'fun is seeing what kind of car you get), 4) drivers are always friendlier and helpful, 5) The GPS tracking so you know exactly where the car is while you wait for it, and other reasons people have listed.
    Agree plus easier for tracing expenses but would be better with direct link to corporate expenses systems

Y
    N
    N
    N