Like Tree8Likes

which website has the best price to book flight tickets

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I search on cheaptickets for the lowest price and then book directly with the airline. Price is the same and saves admin cost from cheaptickets.

I just Google for flights to see which airlines fly direct and then compare the prices/schedule of those directly with the airlines. In the past I used also those aggregate websites but too much hassle with multiple pop ups and the prices were early cheaper than directly with airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by steve15182:
    So what’s this solution to cheaper flight tickets?

It might come as a surprise to some, but a VPN can actually help you save money on your trips. There are several ways to do it:
    1. Change your virtual nationality

By getting an IP address from another country, you can trick the flight sites that you’re based elsewhere.Use _______ to get a new anonymous IP address from another country. Usually changing to a country with lower incomes can do the trick. Consider changing to an IP from the country where the airline is based in. So if you’re travelling with Brazilian airline TAM, change into a Brazilian IP address and chances are that prices will be lower. Remember that prices always fluctuate, so you should test out every time to see where the best deals are at that point in time.
    2. Change IP address even in your own country

As explained above, when the flight websites see that you’re searching for the same flights many times from the same IP address, they’ll hike up the prices. Simply connect to one of _________'s servers, even within your own country. Then, browse back into your favorite flight website and you could see the prices instantly drop back to where they started.
    3. Clear your cookies

Either clear or disable your cookies and the travel websites can’t track your online identity. Also use your browser’s private mode to stop it from storing any cookies. However, you can still be traced by your IP address if you’re not using a VPN to get a new one.
    4. Use international versions of websites

As explained above, prices differ by which localization of a website you’re using. It might in some cases help to browse into another country’s version of it, say the British (.co.uk), French (.fr) or Canadian (.ca) versions as examples. However, if the travel site is tracking your IP, you still won’t get the cheaper deal since they might automatically redirect you to your local shop. Use ______'s to browse any localized version as if you were actually there!
    I really wish airlines were banned from changing the price like this. Can you imagine if you walked into Wing On to buy a kettle for $200 and they said "Oh, you're going to buy that? It's now $400". Then you say you won't buy it, but you might buy a bowl for $10, so then they say "We'll give you the kettle now for $250", and you think whew, that's better, but still it just said it was $200! So you decide to get the bowl, and they tell you THAT will be $30. Then you think if you come back tomorrow it'll be $200 and $10 again. Go back the next day and you can get the kettle for $100 but the bowl is sold out.

It's been so bad lately... Can't search for a real price and get all the way through to book it.

The motherfuckers at AirAsia are sneaky pricks. I've been watching their prices to Perth recently, could get a one way on Sept 23rd for $1000, then the last week they had a special "20% off all fares" promotion so I thought you beauty I can book it now but the was price hiked up to $1600 with a 'special' of $1280. The promotion ended at midnight last night. Today the 'normal' prices are back to $1000. Good prices nonetheless, but very sneaky motherfuckers and ignore the promotion scams.

HK_Katherine and Elegiaque like this.

I was able to book return flights+ 5 nights at 3 stars hotels a few times at a few travel agent shops, for the same price of two ways tickets only at various websites.

They are not the large and famous travel agents most HK people have heard of. Their travel packages are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lighthse003:
    I was able to book return flights+ 5 nights at 3 stars hotels a few times at a few travel agent shops, for the same price of two ways tickets only at various websites.

They are not the large and famous travel agents most HK people have heard of. Their travel packages are cheap.

What is the name of the travel agent?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The motherfuckers at AirAsia are sneaky pricks. I've been watching their prices to Perth recently, could get a one way on Sept 23rd for $1000, then the last week they had a special "20% off all fares" promotion so I thought you beauty I can book it now but the was price hiked up to $1600 with a 'special' of $1280. The promotion ended at midnight last night. Today the 'normal' prices are back to $1000. Good prices nonetheless, but very sneaky motherfuckers and ignore the promotion scams.
    That's nothing.
    I booked on their website at 5am, entered a pin for secure banking, that went through, and then I ended up with no reservation.....