Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

which website has the best price to book flight tickets

which website has the best price to book flight tickets

which sites in your opinion?

I'll use something like skyscanner to research prices, but I usually try to book direct with the actual airline - if you need to make changes later on, it is usually easier if you have booked directly with the airline. Prices are often the same, or almost the same between the airline site and the travel agency.

TheBrit, TeachHK and 100LL like this.

Same. Cheaptickets.hk has good prices. Or sometimes I call Flight Centre. But recently after "researching" I have also booked directly with the airline.

I would definitely book directly with the airline, unless an agent is significantly cheaper.

I've learnt from previous problems I've had changing tickets. Most online agents have pretty terrible customer service and they charge hefty fees in addition to the airline's own fees.

Skyscanner is a good place to start, as they are an aggregator (don't actually sell tickets, but search lots of different sites for the cheapest).

bdw

Same as everyone else. But I find kayak.com.hk to report better deals than skyscanner these days. Anyway I usually try both.

Quote Originally Posted by TeachHK
    Most online agents have pretty terrible customer service and they charge hefty fees in addition to the airline's own fees.
    After my recent experience with American Airlines you can say the same about the airlines.. Though I hate to think of how my problems might have been even worse if I hadn't booked my ticket directly through them.

I will generally plan on skyscanner and then book direct.

You might want to try using a VPN, depending on your route/destination

So what’s this solution to cheaper flight tickets?

It might come as a surprise to some, but a VPN can actually help you save money on your trips. There are several ways to do it:
    1. Change your virtual nationality

By getting an IP address from another country, you can trick the flight sites that you’re based elsewhere.Use _______ to get a new anonymous IP address from another country. Usually changing to a country with lower incomes can do the trick. Consider changing to an IP from the country where the airline is based in. So if you’re travelling with Brazilian airline TAM, change into a Brazilian IP address and chances are that prices will be lower. Remember that prices always fluctuate, so you should test out every time to see where the best deals are at that point in time.
    2. Change IP address even in your own country

As explained above, when the flight websites see that you’re searching for the same flights many times from the same IP address, they’ll hike up the prices. Simply connect to one of _________'s servers, even within your own country. Then, browse back into your favorite flight website and you could see the prices instantly drop back to where they started.
    3. Clear your cookies

Either clear or disable your cookies and the travel websites can’t track your online identity. Also use your browser’s private mode to stop it from storing any cookies. However, you can still be traced by your IP address if you’re not using a VPN to get a new one.
    4. Use international versions of websites

As explained above, prices differ by which localization of a website you’re using. It might in some cases help to browse into another country’s version of it, say the British (.co.uk), French (.fr) or Canadian (.ca) versions as examples. However, if the travel site is tracking your IP, you still won’t get the cheaper deal since they might automatically redirect you to your local shop. Use ______'s to browse any localized version as if you were actually there!

Quote Originally Posted by steve15182
    So what’s this solution to cheaper flight tickets?

It might come as a surprise to some, but a VPN can actually help you save money on your trips.
    I actually had a friend in Israel ping me about this yesterday - he'd heard that flights could show up with different prices depending on your IP. I gave him a login to my home server, so he could proxy through it, and he said that he was seeing lower prices when buying 'in HK' rather than 'in Israel'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast