Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine

Sri Lanka Air direct to SL, flights almost sold out.

Closed Thread

Sri Lanka Air direct to SL, flights almost sold out.

Quick headsup if anyone is planning Xmas in Sri Lanka, flights are getting sold out fast.

@Deleted - we have family members who have travelled to Columbo via BKK - lot cheaper from what I've been told. Not verified this myself, but worth looking into. Both places are excellent holiday / stop over locations.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Deleted - we have family members who have travelled to Columbo via BKK - lot cheaper from what I've been told. Not verified this myself, but worth looking into. Both places are excellent holiday / stop over locations.
    The difference over this period between direct and BKK was was pretty small when I checked a few days ago.

Direct on biz class was $7,179, and $5,773 from BKK. $1,400 diff. and you still need the HKG--BKK ticket, and a hotel for the night unless you love long stays in the airport.

Just had a look at Cathay's generous offering, $8,053 in Economy for the direct flight. (any ideas why they are having financial troubles?)
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Totally agree, but I did log in later to check if my "last two" tickets were available, and they had gone.

The worst I have ever seen on that strategy was Bookings.com, "only two rooms available, blah blah". We arrive at hotel and the blurb should have read "only two rooms booked". The hotel was empty!
    shri likes this.

Air Sri Lanka has a sale on today from HK - 37% off to celebrate their 37 years. I like it. I have flown numerous times from HK to SL with them - they stop at BKK but only for 40 mins and you don't leave the plane. I find their prices ludicrously cheap so I have no idea why anyone thinks they are expensive. Their biz class product was cheaper than Cathay's economy!

Cwbguy and chuckster007 like this.