Like Tree67Likes

Why is Uber in HK so useless

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

That is really disappointing. But somehow I have never had a single bad experience with UBER in HK.Have used it 5 times in the past 6 months.Also, I have experienced red taxis and trust me I had really bad experiences with them.

I have had a run in with Uber recently where the journey cost $50 more than the quote. I use exactly the same route fairly regularly so I have map history of the journey. In this case the driver appears to have carried on for some considerable time after dropping me off. The fight I had to get money back even with the evidence was a disgrace. They had the temerity to say I must have told the driver to continue miles past mine, yea right.

I get frustrated by drivers that accept and then cancel, drivers that seem to half click which locks other drivers from doing so (cancel trip works for that) and worst of all your driver is completing another trip nearby. I’d prefer the option to exclude these drivers because x minutes always means x plus some more. I’ve had Uber drivers that have gone wrong even with Sat Nav. One even managed to miss the Eastern Tunnel FFS. Sone of the cars masquerading as cabs are shockingly small tin cans. Again I’d like the option to exclude this.

Despite all the above there’s no denying Uber is a far better and much more comfortable option for longer trips.

shri and Sith like this.

Have been on Uber daily weekdays from last June to current, and 95% no issues. The only issues that I have had was there were no vehicles available in less than 10 occasions (I didn't want to wait more than 10 mins!).

Gollygordon likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6