I have used Uber in other cities and found it to be brilliant but am about to give up on them here. We all accept that sometimes things can go wrong, but with Uber in HK it's every 2nd or 3rd time. Recent experiences:
- 3 cars in a row unable to navigate to Chater Road in Central. That's hardly the backblocks of HK;
- they seem to charge your credit card irrespective of whether the cancellation is their fault or not, and you then have to complain before you can get reimbursed;
- many drivers seem to trick the system and indicate they will pick you up before they have finished their last trip, so they miss the timeframes significantly;
- the estimated pick up times are wildly inaccurate;
- many drivers don't have a clue about navigation yet all have GPS devices.
On the plus side though, the cars are usually very clean.
They need to seriously lift their game if they are to survive, especially because it's priced as a premium product here. Any others finding the same thing or have i just had bad luck?