Like Tree3Likes

mainland visas - heads-up

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was there a couple of weeks ago applying for visas for the family. Yes they were turning lots of people away, me included. We were going to Beijing instead of the usual Shenzhen, so needed hotel reservations and plane tickets. Another European student who was planning on taking the bus from Wanchai, was asked for bus tickets. She left in tears.

I applied last year for my son for a school trip. The school provided a letter detailing the trip which we submitted with our application. This was enough and didn't have to answer any additional questions or produce a ticket.

I completed the 2013 online form which they accepted

what? people left in tears? has it really become that bad? i got my 10 year visa last year and the process was smooth for most part. the only thing is, the form online was outdated last year and i had to refill the form there. so bring a pen as they don't have pens there! also bring some coins to give the printing lady. you will need to print if they ask you. other than that, i had some trouble finding the place.

It has been the same for me as well the last couple of times when I receive my multiple entry visa. I always just write down as itinerary MTR to LuoWu, some random spa in SZ i google while in the waiting hall at the embassy and MTR back the same day. Works every time and they have not asked any proof or tickets etc.