Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MandM!

Delayed flight - compensation required?

Closed Thread

Delayed flight - compensation required?

Hi all-

I've been reading up a bit on the Montreal and Warsaw conventions. Is there any summary to what these entail.

From what I see it seems that only flights that start or end in Europe qualify for compensation.

How about delayed flights to/fro the US? And further how about flights that have a missed connection due to delayed flight.

Tired of the airline nonsense and I want to start claiming any entitlements owed.

jrkob and JaredHK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Hi all-

I've been reading up a bit on the Montreal and Warsaw conventions. Is there any summary to what these entail.

From what I see it seems that only flights that start or end in Europe qualify for compensation.

How about delayed flights to/fro the US? And further how about flights that have a missed connection due to delayed flight.

Tired of the airline nonsense and I want to start claiming any entitlements owed.
    The only delays I have had are on AA on the JFK-DFW flights which are often delayed 1-3 hours. I always request compensation and they usually give me 25-35K in miles which is pretty generous.