Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile

family plan to travel to France, Spain then UK, need Scengen visa for wife

Closed Thread

family plan to travel to France, Spain then UK, need Scengen visa for wife

We all have UK passports except my wife. She has a "Document of ID for visa purposes" and a HKID (not 3 *).
    travelling to UK will be easy enough to apply for a visa for her, has been done before, relatively hassle free. I am calling the French embassy37529900 and it seems impossible to even get in touch with a human. Keeps saying the line is busy now, press 1 to continue waiting 2. to leave a msg , press 0 to speak to operator, I have continued to press 1, hoping to speak to them. After pressing 1 it keeps you waiting ~ 15secs then repeats itself saying the line is busy now, press 1 to continue waiting 2. to leave a msg press 0 to speak to operator. l have given up afte ~ 45 mins so pressed to speak to operator, it just keeps ringing but no one answers. been over 10 mins then it just hangs up. Will she need a Scengen visa or apply for two separate visas to enter France and Spain?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gevening:
    We all have UK passports except my wife. She has a "Document of ID for visa purposes" and a HKID (not 3 *).
    travelling to UK will be easy enough to apply for a visa for her, has been done before, relatively hassle free. I am calling the French embassy37529900 and it seems impossible to even get in touch with a human. Keeps saying the line is busy now, press 1 to continue waiting 2. to leave a msg , press 0 to speak to operator, I have continued to press 1, hoping to speak to them. After pressing 1 it keeps you waiting ~ 15secs then repeats itself saying the line is busy now, press 1 to continue waiting 2. to leave a msg press 0 to speak to operator. l have given up afte ~ 45 mins so pressed to speak to operator, it just keeps ringing but no one answers. been over 7 mins now. Will she need a Scengen visa or apply for two separate visas to enter France and Spain?

cheers
    When I applied for a Schengen visa for my wife through the French Embassy (well the private company they use) it was a fucking nightmare. The man there said it was much easier to apply theough the German Embassy, so in your case I would go for the Spanish Embassy. No you do not need separate visas.
    Gevening likes this.

Just one, and apply at other embassies where it's easier

Im pretty sure he needs to apply to the country where she is spending the most time in schenghen,
    https://hongkong.consulfrance.org/Visa-Application